ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sneaky German B@stards!

Sneaky German B@stards!

People have known for a long time that "Beeman" pellets (not the newer Chinese-made ones) are in fact H&N pellets that have been re-branded.

So I go poking about a bit ago, and what do I discover? H&N is the most common 'OEM" producer of pellets for the big name companies;

http://www.hn-sport.de/en/company/partnerships.html

Anschutz
    Beeman
    Beretta
    Brenneke
    Diana
    Feinwerkbau
    Fiocchi
    Morini
    Pardini
    Walther
    Weihrauch

and interestingly enough- no mention of "Stoeger".

Anyways, I went and looked at all the profiles of the different pellets offered by all these "manufacturers"- and guess what? Yup, all the profiles and essential characteristics are the exact same as those of H&N units. The only differences seem to be a bit of weight change depending on whose "brand" we are looking at.

Also interesting- "RWS" was the former Diana importer for the US. They were bought out by UmarexUSA a few years back- and pellets are still produced under the RWS name- but none are sold through Umarex with the Diana name. The assumption was that "RWS" pellets were in fact "Diana" pellets. Both RWS and Diana-brand pellets- same pellet profiles as H&N. Umarex/UmarexUSA also carries the licensing rights for Walther and Beretta- pellet profiles- yup, they all match.

So- it appears that RWS-branded pellets are in fact H&N, the listing of Diana, Beretta and Walther (Umarex represented, yet no pellets under these brand names listed) seems to also bolster this idea.

There are also quite a group of Italian manufacturers on that list, but no Stoeger, although a couple people believe Stoeger-branded pellets may also be H&N. Can't confirm based on the info provided by H&N, but with all those other Italian companies- why not Stoeger too?

I have been wondering of late why H&N has so many wadcutter/match pellets under different names, and why they seem to have almost "duplicate" pellet profiles in other styles under different names, at different prices. So- it strikes me as being pretty obvious (now) that this huge variety exists as different pellet "manufacturers" are purchasing different products/levels of quality for the own "brand" products.

In any event, it seems alot more people may have been shooting H&N pellets than anyone could have imagined.

Sneaky German b@stards!
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

i can cinfirn that stoeger are rws , last batch of basics i bought had tape around brandes stoeger and the it was in the original sleeve

I believe it based on what I discovered. Who would've thought that one company was supplying so many other "manufacturers"?

Yes I am very surprised to not see Stoeger on that list. Of any of them Stoeger most closely matches right down to the layout of the artwork.

So now we have
    H&N et al.
    JSB et al.
    Crosman..and I'm sure some of these are chinese
    Chinese et al.

...oh and of course Vogel

The list is getting pretty short.
    Sean

I just picked up a tin of Stoeger X-Sport Precision Pellets "Practice Target" .177 and 7.48 gr.
    Form what I can tell searching that pellet weight, its an H&N Econ pellet, they look identical and have the same odd weight:
    http://www.hn-sport.de/en/products/e...lets/econ.html
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

So which of the H&N rebrands etc are the cheapest and where?
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

At the moment, I can't say- but it bears some investimagating. Anyone care to post what they bought from any of the listed manufacturers and what the price per tin (and tin size) was? We can figure this out...

I would be interested to know why my RWS branded 850 AirMagnum hates RWS superdomes the most!

Well, I'll start;

RWS "Hobby" .177 pellets can be had at TSC stores in Ontario for $9.99 a tin, but can often be found on sale there for about $8.00 a tin, D&L has them at $7.99 a tin. The "Hobby" appears to be the H&N 'Sport' model, which can be found online for $6.99 a tin. H&N seems to take the "win" there.

RWS .177 "SuperPoint" pellets are $12.99/tin at TSC, and go on sale for $9.99 or so often. D&L lists them at $10.99 a tin. These appear to be the H&N Spitzkugel, but I have no other source for them to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    At the moment, I can't say- but it bears some investimagating. Anyone care to post what they bought from any of the listed manufacturers and what the price per tin (and tin size) was? We can figure this out...
    The Stoeger I got were from Crappy Tire, Division Street Kingston. $7.99 for a tin of 500. Haven't shot any yet.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

+ Reply to Thread