ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Awful news to share!!

It appears it is true. I don't think it inappropriate to post this, as Bob's wife (Diane) is obviously sending out a generic email to anyone who inquires:

"To give you a brief outline of what happened:
    Friday morning Bob suffered a heart attack while shovelling.
    I was helping him shovel and immediately went to him. When I noticed his eyes rolled back I called 911.
    A neighbour saw him fall and called some other neighbours to help.
    While I was talking to 911 our neighbours began CPR.
    One neighbour said he had no pulse and stopped breathing.
    We own a home defibrillator and I brought it to Bob. A neighbour helped hook it up and we had to shock him two times to get his heart started again. The ambulance took 45 minutes to get here but by then Bob was breathing but unconscious. Another neighbour who is a fire fighter had brought over an oxygen tank and he was getting oxygen. On the trip to Princeton hospital in the ambulance Bob became combative and began fighting the ambulance attendants. They had to pull over to restrain him. At Princeton, they had to very heavily sedate him to be able to work on him. He was taken to Penticton hospital once he was stabilized. He is in ICU at Penticton. He is alert and it appears there was no brain damage as a result of the incident. The defibrillator and my neighbours saved him. A jet will be taking him to St. Paul's hospital in Vancouver (hopefully tomorrow) and Tuesday he will have surgery to implant a pace maker and defibrillator. He will stay there for one week while they make sure the implant is working correctly. His recovery will be 6 weeks but he can't drive for 6 months because he was shocked by the defibrillator during the incident. The only obvious effects right now are short term memory loss. He can remember things from before the incident, but can't remember what we tell him five minutes later. The doctor said this was probably because of the heavy sedation they were forced to use on him. I was in Penticton with him but came home today with my daughter. I am closing down our motel for January and getting all our affairs in order before we go to Vancouver to be with him. Please keep him in your prayers.
    Regards,
    Diane"

It doesn't sound too too bad, fortunately- especially so as Bob was apparently trying to kick some ass as they were dragging him off. ;)

Let's hope Bob has a speedy recovery.

When he comes back we can all razz him for being a stereotype- has a heart attack while shoveling snow. Hang in there, Bob!

Prayers and much love going out to Bob & Diane,

Joe & Carrie

I don't pray - but this time I'll make an exception.

It's a credit to Diane that she bought a defib and a credit to Bob that he is still kicking ass.

Get well Bob.

get well bob we care about you !

Quote Originally Posted by maecolis View Post
    It's a credit to Diane that she bought a defib...
    I suspect this may be more luck than anything- I bet they bought the defib unit because they run an inn and thought maybe a guest might need it (or maybe there's some sort of law in B.C. about this sort of thing?). Either way, very good fortune indeed.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Get well soon, Bob.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    I suspect this may be more luck than anything- I bet they bought the defib unit because they run an inn and thought maybe a guest might need it (or maybe there's some sort of law in B.C. about this sort of thing?). Either way, very good fortune indeed.

It was all Diane, there was/is no law about it and it had nothing to do with guests, Bobs health has not been that great in the past and Diane insisted that if it was going to be over 30 minuets for a 911 response to get there and a long ride to the nearest hospital then they needed the defibrillator unit on hand. Diane knew just how important the first 5 minuets are when you have a hart attack and she was going to make sure Bob had the best chance of making it to the hospital. Bob was out gunned and run over on this one, if he wanted to move out to the middle of the woods and take Diane with him he had no choice but to buy the machine. he would not have one moments peace with out it being in the house, ready to use, funny thing was it just cost him a whack more cash as the paddle that connect to the chest had become stale dated and she insisted on getting new ones, Bob was not a happy lad with that one, bad enough having a machine he did not need, but it cost him a good chunk of change every few years. I bet he will be singing a new tune now.

And I for one am glad that he will be around to actually sing.

Although... the I told you so's may do him in...

anay news on this event ?

an update would be apreciated

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    anay news on this event ?

an update would be apreciated
    Hi Jean, I think he would have had his surgery by now and then he had approx. 6 weeks of recovery to look forward to. I have not seen any new news but I ,or someone else will share any when it comes. I think this is a situation where no news is good news if you know what I mean? :)
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

+ Reply to Thread