The latest update tonight:

Hello Everyone:

I'm sorry for the mass email but I'm running on fumes here. My computer crashed last night and after unsuccessfully trying to fix it, I couldn't get any emails out. My son-in-law who is a computer genius, fixed it for me tonight. I was up at 4 am to be with Bob for his early morning surgery.

The surgery was successful. The pacemaker/defibrillator is in and was tested to make sure it works. The original plan was to release him from hospital this afternoon but he has had some swelling at the incision site, so the doctor wants to keep him overnight for observation. The game plan is to hopefully release him sometime tomorrow (Friday) and then we will head home to Coalmont on Saturday morning (weather permitting).

The MRI showed a very small spot that indicates at some time in his past he had a very minor heart attack that he was unaware of. The doctor said that the scar tissue could have done something to short circuit his heart and that could have caused the incident on Dec. 30 but we will never know for sure. His heart appears to be very healthy and the doctor said this implant will relieve any worries of this happening ever again. They are going to let us do all of our follow-up appointments in Penticton because it is closer and we don't have to drive through the mountains to get there.

Bob was very up-beat after his surgery until he learned he had to stay another night, that made him very sad. It has been a very long haul for all of us but hopefully we will be back home on Saturday. I will let you know what happens. Keep him in your prayers.

Regards,

Diane"

Let's hope the next message out is one from Bob...

(funny smilie above- supposed to be "enthusiasm"
but I think it's a bit lacking)