Lloyd Sikes of Crosman Rogue fame has just released his latest creation, the Disco Double twin-tube conversion kit.... I was fortunate enough to get on his list for a Beta test kit because I had an ideal candidate.... my .308/9mm Disco.... The purpose of the kit is to double the air capacity, so what better than a 120-140 FPE rifle that only gets 4-5 shots per fill.... Although the production kits will be properly finished, the Beta test kits were supplied "in the white" (ie not blued).... The kit consists of a new CrMoly steel lower tube which fits up snug against the bottom of the original air reservoir, plus all the necessary fitting to complete the installation, including a new barrel band.... The new tube sits flush with the front of the original tube, and the back is about an inch ahead of the front of the gauge so that there are no changes from the gauge back.... The ends of the tube are threaded 13/16-28, the same as the stock Disco tube, and the end plugs are already installed as each unit is pressure tested to 3000 psi before shipping.... The rear end plug is nearly flush, and the front plug contains a male Foster QD fitting.... There is a new front end plug for the Disco reservoir, and a bushing sealed by O-rings between them that transfers the air from the lower tube to the upper.... New black Delrin end caps are supplied for both tubes.... I disassembled my kit and cleaned and polished the tube before bluing it.... I then reassembled it and fitted it to my existing 9mm Disco.... Here is the assembly before dropping it into the stock....

Lloyd's company is called "AirGun Lab", and his website with all the details can be found at http://www.airgunlab.com/ .... There are several videos on the website, and you can see just how simple the installation is by watching this video.... http://youtu.be/NUNDcLHsDDE

It only took Lloyd just over 7 minutes to install the Disco Double kit including everything except routing out the stock for the lower tube.... For those of you who don't have the equipment to tackle that job, Lloyd has arranged for that also (info on the website).... I made arrangements with Lloyd for a new Disco stock already routed out, so all I had to do with that was throw some stain on the inside and waterproof it.... One of the pleasant surprises was how light the new setup is.... Although Lloyd says the kit will add about a pound to the weight of a Disco, in fact by the time the stock is hollowed out the net gain is quite a bit less.... My new Disco Double weighs only 6 lb. 10 oz. including the scope and mounts.... and balances right in the middle of the forestock.... For a gun of this power, anything under 7 lbs. is a bonus, IMO....

The machining on all the parts in the kit is first rate, and everything fits together perfectly.... I purposely didn't take photos of everything apart or do detailed assembly instructions to encourage you to visit Lloyd's website and look at the assembly video.... You will be amazed at the simplicity.... which to me shows just how much thought went into this clever design.... Final production arrangements are being finalized, and the price will soon be announced.... For anyone who has a modded Disco and wants to get back the shots they lost.... or even if you have a stock one and want tons of shots.... the Disco Double twin-tube kit is highly recommended....

Bob