ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Told the wife I was going shopping for an hour or so...

Told the wife I was going shopping for an hour or so...

...turned out to be 5 1/2 hours!

I also told her I would only be spending roughly $150-$200. HA! I blew that budget (and then some) at Eric's alone, and I still had to visit Princess Auto, BusyBee and Swagelok!

Didn't make any large purchases, just a "few" small ones. HOLY CRAP!!! Them small ones certainly add up quick! I come home with 2 bags of goodies and my wallet was $580 lighter, and maybe one wedding band lighter too, when she finds out (hope she wins at Bingo tonight) Mind you, I was only in BusyBee for about 23 seconds and tallied up about $6000 worth of stuff I wanted to get, so I think I did pretty good!

Thanks, SMP, for pointing me to Swagelok for that BSP-NPT adapter - that place is awesome! I don't think I will ever buy another fitting at CT again, if it can be helped. Really nice, quality products.
    Actually, now that I think about it, going to Swagelok was the whole reason for going to the city, so technically she should be mad at YOU, not me!

So what did I learn from my outing today?...

...That I'll never be allowed to go shopping by myself with the income tax return again!
    Last edited by sholo; Mar 23 2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Well if i don't spend it my wife will so i think you did good

That's awesome Sholo...I think you did very well considering those are three of the most dangerous places in Canada

Swagelok is a very cool place. When I was the Proj Eng for the 47' search and rescue boat project I had to spec and purchase every fitting...and they are all swagelok (it was like a kid in toyland)

I don"t mind taking the heat for you as long as you don't tell her I live close by.....West of Georgian bay should be safe.

So???? Whaddya get eh?
    Last edited by SeanMP; Mar 24 2012 at 05:39 AM.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    That's awesome Sholo...I think you did very well considering those are three of the most dangerous places in Canada

Swagelok is a very cool place. When I was the Proj Eng for the 47' search and rescue boat project I had to spec and purchase every fitting...and they are all swagelok (it was like a kid in toyland)

I don"t mind taking the heat for you as long as you don't tell her I live close by.....West of Georgian bay should be safe.

So???? Whaddya get eh?
    Tell me about it...I've never been so happy and bummed out at the same time before! Happy that I was able to get a few more tools, bummed that I couldn't take all 3 stores home with me...

No worries about taking the heat for me, she took it pretty well.
    Almost too well......Spidey sense is tingling now. Big time! (I think she won at bingo last night, just won't tell me. Good for her!)

What did I get? Short answer is...NOT ENOUGH!

ScopesAndAmmo
    Dan Wesson 8"
    Remote coil hose (no, it's not for the Wesson!)
    HPA fill hose (30") (and neither is this...)
    Crosman shoulder stock
    2 - 1.8K burst discs

Swagelok
    1/4" NPT - 1/8"NPT reducing coupler
    1/8" NPT x 1.5" long nipples (x2)
    1/8" NPT x 2" long nipples (x2)
    1/8" NPT street elbows (x2)
    1/8" NPT Male - 1/8" ISO Male (x1)
    1/8" NPT Female - 1/8" ISO Male (x1)
    Steel gasket for ISO fitting (x2)

Busy Bee
    5" cross slide vice for drill press
    3 pc end mill set
    10 pc HSS center drill set
    115 pc Titanium coated drill bit set (fractional)

Princess Auto
    0-3500 glycerine filled pressure gauge
    Brake cylinderr hone
    Replacement stones for above
    Snap-ring plier set
    5 pc 7 1/4" needle file set

I didn't go to bed till 3:00AM!

Got the Hill pump operational, 13 ci bottle adjusted to 850 psi for some preliminary testing on my MK I HPA (actually on HPA, finally!), and set up the cross slide vice.

Yes, I am one happy camper today!
    Todd

What the heck you need all those nipples for? (And yes, you could read that any way you like- too many nipples is too many nipples!)
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

You know what they say, Eric-One nipple's not enough, and 3 would be too many...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    What the heck you need all those nipples for? (And yes, you could read that any way you like- too many nipples is too many nipples!)
    The more the merrier, right?

I really only needed the two 1.5" nipples (2 different projects), but got the 2" ones "just in case". Better to have them and not need them, rather than need them and not have them.

I'm doing a redneck, no lathework version of Bob's reverse tank block, but seeing as I don't own a lathe yet, I'm pretty much limited to using an on/off ASA fitting and said nipples (plus one elbow). Basically all "store bought" items - no machining talent required. It won't be as easy on the eyes as Bob's, but at least it will be functional and safe - fittings are rated at 5000 psi
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
    You know what they say, Eric-One nipple's not enough, and 3 would be too many...
    I'm sure someone could find a use for a couple more... apparently Todd is working on it.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by sholo View Post
    ...I'm doing a redneck, no lathework version of Bob's reverse tank block, but seeing as I don't own a lathe yet, I'm pretty much limited to using an on/off ASA fitting and said nipples (plus one elbow). Basically all "store bought" items...
    With all this talk of nipples, I thought I better explain myself before someone gets the wrong idea!

Guess I should have wiped the dust off first! Sorry 'bout that...didn't notice it at all until I looked at pics.

Hopefully it still reads the same in the morning...so far,so good! (1000 psi for 4 hrs and counting)
    Todd

Are you going to make a bracket to support the HPA bottle? I Would be cautious not to bump the bottle too hard because it may snap at any 1 of the 3 threaded in spots on your brass fittings ......don't ask me how I know this .....LOL

She looks sweet ....glad to see this can be done without any fancy machine work
    SHAWN

+ Reply to Thread