ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hayabusa PCP - The Experiment Continues

My amazement is with a small flexable band holding back 3000psi. Small things like this often amuse me...sorry
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Doc.... one page back....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    Doc.... one page back....

Bob
    Thanks, Bob. Not sure what the problem was- I couldn't see any images after the first page. I had to go to the default browser to get the photo to come up.

That's a nice stock, with a good comb. Judging by that last target, you shouldn't have any trouble with small game at reasonable air gun ranges. I'm looking forward to seeing how a cast bullet performs on game.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

I'm actually not crazy about the stock it's from a Benjamin Marauder, cut down.... it's VERY heavy.... This gun duplicates the ballistics of a .22LR target velocity load, and the bullets are made by RWS, they appear to be a copy of their R-50 (?) target bullet, so I assume they are swaged.... This gun was built because of the success of these bullets in Holland (where Sean ordered the bullets) where they shoot outdoor bench rest at 100m (110 yd.).... I have seen published 5-shot groups as small as 12mm (just under 1/2") at that range.... They use .224 Hornet barrels with a 1 in 14" twist to stablize them, and I bought two of them (1/2" OD liners from TJ's) and had them shipped to Sean to work his magic on them.... He did a beautiful job installing the Carbon Fibre stiffener tube, and machining the ports and muzzle for the Hatsan stripper....

Bob

What was the price range of those liners if I may ask?

The TJ's liners are $4.75 / inch.... plus shipping.... The .25 cal I just got (28") cost me $170 landed in BC....

Bob

I want to evolve to .250 on my next project and will be shrouding so this sounds like a reasonable option. Accuracy looks to be supreme as well?

I commented on your valve o-ring, and have been searching for a formula to calculate gland diameter and width given a certain size o-ring. I understand that tube diameter, piston diameter, and o-ring compression are factors to what depth and with the gland should be. Problem is I have no idea how to accuratly use this formula. Would you happen to have a simple formula rather than the nuclear site I have been looking at?

Sweet! Thank you

+ Reply to Thread