ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Impressions SigSauer GSR Sigarms 1911

First Impressions SigSauer GSR Sigarms 1911

Hi Folks.

Just got this beauty from Princess Auto. Great price. Great little pistol. I have yet to shoot it, but will soon. KWC Sig Sauer GSR Sigarms 1911 co2 .177/4.5mm BB non-blowback metal version. 2.4lbs and shoots 397fps.

I just wanted to do a quick initial review for anyone who is thinking of getting one, or for those who have never had it apart. I'm the kind of guy that when I buy something mechanical or fun, I need to know how it works.

I got the slide off and pulled the barrels out and had a look at the barrel fork and hammer system. Not bad. There is no "receiver rattle" like I have in my H&K USP co2. The BAXS system as I understand is a 2 or 3 point hop-up. This gun does not have BAXS.

I did notice that the gun is not entirely metal as I was led to believe by the "Metal Version" stamped on the box. The truth: the outer barrel is plastic; the trigger and hammer are plastic; the frame is plastic; the mag release is plastic; the slide release is plastic. That is all the plastic as I have found so far. The metal bits are the rest: slide, inner barrel, sights, grips, mag and mag bump, safety, hammer and barrel fork.

I'm a little disappointed but not too much. It's still a great looking pistol and I hope it shoots as well as I've seen on youtube.

What's the PA catalog number on this item? I've always liked the 1911 models and even though I already have a SIG (and maybe because I already have a SIG ) I'd like to order one from their online store.
    Benjamin NP Trail (0.22)
    Stoeger X5 (0.177)
    SIG Sauer X-Five Open (0.177)
    H&K MP5-PDW (0.177)
    Crosman 3576 (0.177)
    Crosman 1377 (0.177)
    Elite II (0.177)
    Colt Defender (0.177)
    Colt Combat Special (0.177)

Oh this is irritating. I just checked the PA website and found the SIG Sauer BB gun that I bought last fall.
    http://www.princessauto.com/pal/prod...g-Sauer-BB-Gun
    It's on sale for a hundred dollars less than what I paid for it and it's only on sale in store
    Benjamin NP Trail (0.22)
    Stoeger X5 (0.177)
    SIG Sauer X-Five Open (0.177)
    H&K MP5-PDW (0.177)
    Crosman 3576 (0.177)
    Crosman 1377 (0.177)
    Elite II (0.177)
    Colt Defender (0.177)
    Colt Combat Special (0.177)

Unless you live next to the PA store- you're beat anyways- no need to get upset. Mind you, alot of guns come down in price after the first year or so...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

+ Reply to Thread