ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to need somewhere new to shoot..

Going to need somewhere new to shoot..

Well, it turns out one of my neighbors isn't happy with my backyard shooting and after a nice police warning i'm going to need to look for a new place to shoot. It's especially a shame for the BB guns as they are fun to shoot cans with, and it's a pain to have to drive out in the middle of nowhere with a bag of cans to have some fun..

Well that bites

Everytime I hear that story i'm more thankful that I live in the middle of nowhere
    Sean

Funny enough I have a lot of land and there is nothing but acres of land behind me and the neighbors are easily 200-300 feet away, but people are always more concerned about what you are doing on your property.

"Well the neighbor has kids, he's looking our for their safety, what would you do if you hit one of their kids"

Well I don't know why their kids would jump my fence, run in the middle of my backyard and stand in between a gun and a target.. seems like a couple of dumb kids..

Why not go knock on the neighbour's door and ask them what their difficulty is/isn't? Calling the police before speaking with you is, at least in my view, pretty lame. I not suggesting a fight- but if they plan to call the police over everything they don't like- might be good to know this and also make them aware you aren't one of their kind who will hide behind curtains and call police - you will come knocking on their door if you have a problem, or, barring that- ask them if the police should be the first people you do call if you find one of their kids meandering around your property or see them driving their car a bit off-kilter down the road (could be drinking and driving don't you know). Some people have a real tough time with the idea of "what goes around comes around" no matter how perfect they might believe themselves to be.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Go to Seans' place s-dot!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Im curious did the police call or visit? If no laws were broken by you shooting in your back yard I would think the warning should have been be careful of the neighbors kids coming on your property while your practicing?
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

He may be in an area where shooting is prohibited, like within city limits or such!

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Why not go knock on the neighbour's door and ask them what their difficulty is/isn't? Calling the police before speaking with you is, at least in my view, pretty lame. I not suggesting a fight- but if they plan to call the police over everything they don't like- might be good to know this and also make them aware you aren't one of their kind who will hide behind curtains and call police - you will come knocking on their door if you have a problem, or, barring that- ask them if the police should be the first people you do call if you find one of their kids meandering around your property or see them driving their car a bit off-kilter down the road (could be drinking and driving don't you know). Some people have a real tough time with the idea of "what goes around comes around" no matter how perfect they might believe themselves to be.
    Karma is a b**ch!
    You are exactly correct Eric but may I offer one bit of advice...wait till you see them outside or you could knock on their door but be aware that people like that just might call the cops and say s**t about you (whether you go to the door or see them outside and just talk to them) and get you arrested for something bogus. Or say that you threatened them or whatever. Trust me, I know from personal experience...got out of it though...Cop that came knew what the deal was but had to show up at the door just to keep the ex-neighbours happy so to speak.
    I think Eric might be thinking in terms of the old days when men were men and were able to reason things out. Not these new metro-sexual's of today...Orrr, you could just slap some Teflon on your back and let it slide and just find a new spot. But whatever you do, don't stop shoot'n.
    If it was me, I guess I'd be in jail and not posting on the forum...lol. I'm stupid that way...lol. That's just me. The wife hates it when someone confronts me or something like your situation occurs cus she's not sure whether she should help out or go to the bank and get bail money out...lol. She still loves me though.

Fab
    Remember! Blue side up.

You might be "Metro-sexual if:

You can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.

You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches, and you carry a man bag.

You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do highlights.

You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and eggs benedict for breakfast, all from scratch.

You only wear Calvin Klein boxer briefs.

You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.

You would never ever own a pickup truck.

You can't ever imagine a day without hair styling products.

And last but not least:

You would rather drink wine than beer, but you'll also find out what estate and vintage first.

Quote Originally Posted by PACTOO View Post
    You can't ever imagine a day without hair styling products.
    Haha..I can imagine it.....
    .....it's everybody else that seems to think the mad professor from Back to the Future is a scary look
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread