ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to need somewhere new to shoot..

I live in town but have a wooded area across the street and we get a few crows that over there. The neighbor on one side is a gun guy and the other side is a new guy I don't know very well.I step out the front door look for anyone around, it looks clear so I grab the air rifle pop. Then from next door a voice says you missed I guess my new neighbor is ok

Then from next door a voice says you missed I guess my new neighbor is ok

Yea, my neighbor is a dick, there is no way to reason with him. I spoke to him a few times and he won't even do more than open his door a crack and speak through it. I would love to be further out in the middle of nowhere as most of my neighbors seems to be *******s.

I feel fortunate to live in the country.I can see some neighbors but I can't hear them unless they are shooting powderburners. I have a farm on one side and on the other side a neighbor called up and asked if I minded him shooting. I said go ahead and a few weeks ago he invited me over for some skeet shooting. We got talking about rifles and he said he couldn't keep his scope tight on his 308, I let him look at one of my single piece scope mounts with multiple screws to hold it on the rifle and he liked it so much he bought one himself. He called me over for a "sight in target shoot" and he has not had a scope problem since. He tried out my PCP air rifle and couldn't believe how well it worked. After skeet shooting we set up a bunch of empty shotgun shells and used them as targets for the air rifle. Everyone there was impressed as they all had a turn shooting the air rifle and the most common comment was, this is sure not like my air rifle I had when I was a kid. Who knows I may have some converts to air rifles for target practice for their powder burners because of the much cheaper cost of shooting. Understanding neighbors are a valuable asset.

+ Reply to Thread