ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brent's Forum Gone?

Brent's Forum Gone?

I drop in on Brent's forum occasionally just to see how much activity is there.... When you try that now, you are auto forwarded back to the CAF.... so I'm guessing he has decided to discontinue it....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Certainly seems that way- that sort of thing doesn't happen by "accident". I wonder what changed/why this was done?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I'm guessing lack of traffic, it only had 2-3 people showing each time I checked it out.... but who knows....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

I was wondering the same thing.

Too bad. I would have liked to see him make a go of it.

I noticed he is posting on the CAF again, so I'm guessing he called it quits on his own forum.
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

I was wondering about that myself...

I assume the lack of instant popularity was a factor. I also don't think Brett had stopped posting at the CAF at any point. From what I had understood (perhaps incorrectly?) his site was not set-up so much a "protest" sight, but more a place where people who wanted to discuss some very specific things- i.e. FT Shooting, whatever, could go. I think due to some of the people that were onboard due to the "protest" that came up a couple months back, it likely went in a bit of a direction that made it seem very "competitive" with the old CAF which is probably not what Brent was looking for. That being said, a lack of rapid "success" probably didn't help. Or, who knows, maybe there were other factors at play (?)

Brett comes around here occasionally, so perhaps he will clarify this if he sees it.

That being said, it takes time for any new forum to start rolling along- I've seen it before in the airgun world and other online forums (it has also been slower on most airgun forums everywhere lately it seems) and the same thing is occurring here- a forum wasn't launched and the next day there were 5000 people- it takes time. Short of me dropping dead- this forum isn't going anywhere- but it will still take some time for it to become a common destination for different types of people in Canada.

That being said, we already have a good group of people here, both skilled and knowledgeable, and others coming to learn and investigate- we have the "infrastructure" to handle things- i.e. a decent host provider, good software/layout, and a good group of Moderators for when anything might come up needing moderation- and anyone from any of the other online forums, whether they be forums that are still up and running, or have shut down, are welcome here.

Who's brett LOL.... we have enough good forums around my forum is still there just redirected for now...

BRENT or LAUCHLIN

hey i did not know you where here too Brent welcome btw!

+ Reply to Thread