ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hill Mk3 hand pump

Hill Mk3 hand pump

Does anyone know what preventive maintenance should be done to the Hill Mk3 handpump? I make sure it doesnt get too warm but I often wonder if and when and where it should be lubed seeing there is silicon grease lube available from hill?
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

I am curious about that too, Remtom. Haven't got to use mine yet (pick up BSP-NPT adapter on Friday), but from what I can see according to the "pictorial" instructions is to put a light film of silicone grease on the shaft/tube every 3 months. (?) Not sure about internal o-rings and such, though. I would think they would need some lube at some point too?
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

The Hill pumps were actually designed to be taken apart with common hand tools for maintenance/lubing etc. Hill has its own "brand" of silicone grease for this purpose, but other silicone greases (i.e. divers SCUBA grease) can also be used.

Hill has instructions/manuals online: http://www.airriflepump.com/downloads.html

Also, on an additional note- people may recall issues with the 'Benjamin' and 'AirForce' branded HPA pumps- i.e. lack of availability on seal kits and such, a 'support' company that couldn't seem to get it together, bad maintenance instructions (i.e. lube internals with an engine oil) and so on- I went to both companies re-branding and selling these pumps (Crosman and AirForce) to raise some royal issues and ask them to start providing parts for them without going through the "manufacturer" they purchase from. Apparently, one of them did "pull through" (AirForce) and a bunch of seal kits (complete) are supposed to be on their way in now- so we shall see. If it proves to work out, then at least all isn't lost when someone's AirForce or Benjamin pump needs maintenance or re-sealing. I will post something when/if the parts arrive and can verify they are complete/correct.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

at least one compagny has listen

thanks for the link Eric.

Keep us posted on your results with the Mk 3 Hill pump. It'll probably end up being the one I get, so a more or less review would be great...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

I have a "dont bother" with the hill pump. My nephew has a sweet little paintball setup with a 32cu in. Hpa bottle. I gave up at 1000psi and told him to go get it filled at the paintball shop. I will stick to my pcp tubes...lol. Didn't Scopes and ammo have the seal kits for those listed at one time?(hill pump)

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...s=hill&x=0&y=0

Seal kit is available as well- but not cheap, $39.99
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I am gonna get one just in case I need it. Thought I saw it on there but I get distracted easily with online stores

+ Reply to Thread