ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tethered 2260 HPA less Stock

Tethered 2260 HPA less Stock

I just finished stripping, checking, and testing this gun, and setting it up to be tethered to a 1600 psi HPA source.... The tube is a shortened 2260, fitted with a Disco valve, breech, and barrel sleeve, and a custom HPA adapter block I machined out of 6061-T6 aluminum.... The block has a 0-2000 psi gauge, a 1.8K burst disc, a male Foster, and a 3-slot Weaver rail machined into the bottom, making it ideal for mounting on a Bi-Pod.... The only problem is, that is needs a stock.... You can use a stock from a 2260, a Disco, or a QB 7X / AR 207X.... Stocks from a QB will need the trigger slot widened a bit.... and all stocks must be shortened to miss the Bi-Pod mount....

The Disco valve has an enlarged exhaust port angled 20 degrees and streamlined.... The throat is drilled to 0.234" and the valve body is bored out to 0.60" to unshroud the poppet.... The inlet is tapered and streamlined and the threads on it are shortened.... The gun uses a Disco hammer and spring, and has one of my RVAs fitted.... The 2260 trigger group has a lighter spring and the 3-screw mod and has a nice 2-stage feel....

On 1600 psi the gun will shoot 37 FPE with 18.1 gr. JSB Exact Heavies, and 39 FPE with 25.3 gr. Monsters.... but is currently detuned slightly to 34 FPE, shooting 920 fps with the 18.1 gr. Heavies.... I tested this combination last summer at 100 yards, and got a 1.5" group for 5 shots.... I have also shot a dime size group with it at 50 yards....

The gun has a 24" Crosman barrel, supported by a barrel band at the end of the sleeve, and the remainder is free floating.... It is equipped with a one-of aluminum Muzzle Brake that is vented on the top only to reduce muzzle flip....

I needed the stock from this gun for another project, but rather than try and replace it I thought I'd try and sell it as is for $200 plus shipping.... If you have a stock that will fit it, let me know as I might be interesting in purchasing one to complete the gun.... If someone wants to put a 22XX / 13XX pistol grip style trigger group and skeleton stock on it, and you don't need the 2260 trigger group, I'll knock $20 off the price.... The gun is registered, so a PAL is required in Canada.... EMT or PayPal works, PM me for the details....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Sold Pending Funds....

Bob

SOLD !!!

Bob

Holy bejumpins that was quick

Awesome work Bob
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread