ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullpup kits?

Bullpup kits?

Has anyone noticed Bullpup kits for sale anywhere closer to Canada than the UK? I am kinda curious about this setup and accuracy.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

actualy bulpop stock are prohibited device in canada (go figure why )

Sometimes this stuff just makes no sense whatsoever... really not at all. Thanks for the heads up on that.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

This is Canada, anything that could "look scary" is verboten. God help us if we call an idiot an idiot in public and look kinda angry when we say it (and no, I have no story to go with this).

Anyone have a copy of that "Journalist's guide to assault rifles" cartoon? I think that would be relevant here...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

"Bullpups" are not necessarily a prohibited device in Canada.

They are only a prohibited device IF the stock can be removed and a round can still be discharged.

Of course...anyone have a Remington 700? Take the stock off and you COULD still discharge a round...wouldn't reccomend it though.

Nope...it doesn't make sense at all. This is what happens when idiots who are scared sh!tless of firearms are placed in charge of firearms policy.

Al

The problem with bull pup stocks is that they turn a long gun into a ****** that does not meet overall length requirements. There's a huge difference between a bull pup, and collapsible/removable stock/front p/g ******. I'm not all that sure I'd want to have a case-head separation occurring that close to my vitals, but that's just me....

As for the Rem 700 being fired out of it's stock- yes, it can really be done, if it's an older short action- in a modified XP-100 stock. I dunno how many unlawful users are gonna go to all that botheration- when a hacksaw at the p/g is much easier...

How come I can't say double-you eee eh pee oh en here?

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    How come I can't say double-you eee eh pee oh en here?
    Certain "politically incorrect" words for Canada- i.e. the one you mention, are censored so that if some journalist type puts it in Google someday, we don't come up as a highlight for them. Other, more generic and not so "sensitive" words are fine; "firearm" "rifle" "handgun" etc. etc.- but that word in particular seems to be a real "hot button" for the anti's.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    As for the Rem 700 being fired out of it's stock- yes, it can really be done, if it's an older short action- in a modified XP-100 stock. I dunno how many unlawful users are gonna go to all that botheration- when a hacksaw at the p/g is much easier...
    Going to disagree with you Doc. On a 700...two screws and it's out of the stock...only "parts" that actually come loose from the reciever/barrel assembly at this time belong to the magazine. Trigger group and bolt COULD be intact at that point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CZW5h3Emy0

Quote Originally Posted by Gippeto View Post
    "Bullpups" are not necessarily a prohibited device in Canada.
    They are only a prohibited device IF the stock can be removed and a round can still be discharged.
    Al
    By that criteria, just about every long gun in the country would be a prohib.
    Out of the 27 pal rifles I have here, all can be fired no problem without a stock attached. Anyone with a grain of sense knows better than to attempt discharging a high-intensity gun in that fashion.
    Most can have their magazines attached, and repeat in that manner, except for my mausers, and a couple of .22's .

The criteria that prohibits bull pup stocks is the firearm becoming less than the minimum overall legal length.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread