ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bushnell's are coming! the Bushnell's are coming!

I stand corrected, apparently Bushnell have decided to include AO on their side-focus Legend in 3-9X.... no MilDot reticle, though.... I wonder how their DOA Reticle would work out for airguns.... and of course I would expect the Legends to be pretty pricy.... I see they do offer a MilDot in the 4.5-14 X 44 Legend....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

I'm not sure what to make of the Legend line, myself. There was much hype around the 5-15X A/O mil-dot- enough positive reviews that I went and bought one. It was a decent enough scope. I found it kind of big and bulky for everyday use on an air gun. Great optics, and the mil-dot was a true ranging mil-dot. I think this one suffered from being a little bit of trying too much, and actually not being enough- in terms of reach.
    I still think the Banner 6-24X A/O mil-dot is a better all around scope- for not much of an increase in overall bulk. It's target style turrets make up for a lot of that inconvenience of bulk- something the 5-15 Legend could have used.

I've had a pretty satisfying experience with the Banner 3.5-10X A/O .17 Varminter. It comes pretty close to your 3-9X A/O requirement, but lacks the mil-dot reticle. With a 36 MM objective, this one is fairly compact for an A/O. It comes packed with a finger wheel drum system for elevation that turns the elevation turret into a finger-tip adjustable target style. It is an excellent fit on my QB-78-D with no riser block required for the objective to clear the bbl. I've found the 6X setting on the power ring to be just about right for my requirements.

I have a Tasco 2.5-10X A/O scope here, and it keeps ending up back in the scope drawer. It also has a true ranging mil-dot reticle. The so/so optics on this one make it a real compromise scope. It's not a bad little scope, with it's target turrets, but the optics will never be mistaken for a Bushnell Banner.

I think I'll just keep going with what I have, until I see some reviews on that new 3-9 Legend. With that 50 MM objective, I'm guessing it won't be very compact...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

I believe that Bushnell discontinued the Legend line for a year or two and have now brought it back with side focus.... It appears they are completely different scopes.... Still, it's nice to see something between the Banners and the Elites in price....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

+ Reply to Thread