ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: first co2 rifle

first co2 rifle

I have more spring rifles than I care for the wife to find out about but the idea of a air gun with a 9oz or 13ci tank really intrigues me. If I get one it will be a qb79 or a ar2079a I would like t know what others think of these before I order. Also if you are reading this Eric I would really like the QB79 if it was offered in .22cal just not much of a fan of .177cal for my own rifles.

you may want to read rsterne's posts over on http://airgunhome.com/agforum/ . Bob has done alot of work on the guns and his info may make your choice easier.

Thank-you for this

Hiya Darkside,

I actually just grabbed an AR2078A - so I'll be able to tell you how it fares when it arrives. I do have a scratchbuilt Disco that I use with bulk CO2 - I have to say that the rifle is reliable - and the added shots that you get from going bulk are better than what a dinky 12g can do. That said, I prefer the cleaner sleeker lines on a rifle. While something like the Cometa Lynx is pretty hardcore, I keep thinking the thing looks fugly.

the real problem with co2 is the winther co2 realy don't like cold. i'll rather use hpa. as for the 13 ci canister it's on the heavy side , and all in front of the gun making it not as balanced as the 78 or the disco for that mather.

the disco and the 78 can be bulk fill so there is no need for the 13 ci canister of the 79 realy (my 2 cents)

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    the real problem with co2 is the winther co2 realy don't like cold. i'll rather use hpa. as for the 13 ci canister it's on the heavy side , and all in front of the gun making it not as balanced as the 78 or the disco for that mather.

the disco and the 78 can be bulk fill so there is no need for the 13 ci canister of the 79 realy (my 2 cents)
    Just to add a quick note to this, CO2 is a bit temperature fussy as poil27 mentioned - you tend to need to space your shots as opposed to shooting like a maniac and shooting in winter gets... well, cold... er... HPA in winter, CO2 in summer is a good bet.
    I would suggest that you look into small CO2 tanks like 9 or 4 oz since a 4oz will give you about 10x the capacity of a 12g co2 - plus, it takes more shots to drop the temperature the same degree.

I would also suggest a buddy bottle if you use HPA... Being able to top up a rifle without lugging around a pump or a scuba tank has advantages.

Oh... and fill SLOW.

Cheers!

Very nice choice. The QB "D's" and the AR's are exceptionally nice guns for the price.

Switching from one caliber to another is very easy and inexpensive. Simply swap the barrel and the bolt.

They all take to running HPA very well. The 78's are as simply as putting in the bulking fitting and filling it with HPA or CO2 as is appropriate. I run my AR2078 on HPA in the winter and bulk CO2 in the summer.

The 79's require an offset tank adapter to work easily on HPA
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside77 View Post
    if you are reading this Eric I would really like the QB79 if it was offered in .22cal
    Something can be put together- send an email via the store.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    The 79's require an offset tank adapter to work easily on HPA
    The 13ci tanks can be used without an adapter if the barrel gets pulled first to install the tank w/gauge and fill port, then reassembled. Only issue then is that the tank needs to be filled while attached to the rifle (but this is the same as any typical PCP rifle with a reservoir).

+ Reply to Thread