Not to ramble, but I was testing QB-79's and AR2079's to be sure I have all the leaky ones out of the inventory- and I'm thinking "how to test the QB79s and AR2079s without wasting 88g Co2 canisters and without having a full, small Co2 bottle handy?"

So I go about using a 13ci HPA tank that will screw into the '79s with some work- realize it's too much work- and then realize- AHA!

Standard Paintball hoses come with a 'marker' end- i.e. the threading that is on a Co2 bottle or the HPA bottles. This end is typically removable from the hose as it is connected with a male QD on the marker adapter and a female QD on the hose. SO- if you use a shrader-valved QD marker end ($14.99), screw it into the QB79 or AR79 fill port for a bottle, then connect your now detachable hose- you have a QB79 or AR2079 with no bottle hanging off it and a full tube of Co2 or air (regulated to 850psi with a standard HPA bottle).

AR2079_1.jpg AR2079_2.jpg
Hose_out.jpg Hose_in.jpg
Hose_tank.jpg

Two problems here of course, the first was that I could only get 6 full-power shots out of 850psi HPA with the hose disconnected. I would estimate 3 or 4 times as many shots could be had with liquid Co2 being fed into the tube before the hose is disconnected. Second problem was that with the cut stock to accommodate a Co2 bottle the reach is a bit short- wasn't bad on the AR2079, but on the QB79 is was more noticeable...

Anyways- not sure why this concept hadn't occurred to me before...