Funny (not really, but nonetheless interesting)- batch of QBs and ARs brought in a couple months back from the former North America importer. Of about 20 units sold, 9 (yes, nine) leaked through the valve housing out-of-the-box (I have been checking every unit before shipping out of this batch- one guy got one that leaked when I wasn't checking them- so now I do.). One QB79, one QB78, the rest all AR2078's.

Seems that as the last batch this importer had brought in from China came sometime in late 2010- or about a year prior to them shipping to me- this was enough time sitting in a Texas warehouse to dry the valve seals out. The seals will be replaced with proper units, not that loose, almost cork-like seal that came from the factory- but man, what a pain in the a$$.

No specific reason for posting this (and the newest units coming from the new North American importer are not like this- i.e. the latest AR2078's and QB78D's)- other than I found it a bit stupid- of all the things to render a new product effectively useless- a two cent seal at the factory...

QB_AR Defects1.jpg

Didn't someone around here say they had some spare time?