Over the winter I purchased a new trigger from Lyn Lewington in England whom I contacted through the UK Chinese airgun Forum where he is known as "venoman".... The trigger blade looks to be an original from the HW 95, and the cost was only 14 GBP including postage.... The BAM copy of the Rekord trigger is a good one, with the exception of the top of the trigger blade itself.... Much has been written on this, but in summary, the difference is mainly in the position of the second stage "bump" on the BAM trigger which is further from the pivot pin.... This makes the second stage pull much heavier.... In addition, the HW trigger uses two steel pins set into the blade which are smooth and precisely located.... When this blade is installed in a B-26, the transformation is miraculous.... Not only is the trigger lighter, it is more easily adjusted, and much smoother.... The first stage bumps are circled in blue, the second stage in red....

The first step is to remove the stock by taking out the two front screws, and both screws from the trigger guard.... When you remove the action, do NOT lose the small nut in the back of the trigger assembly that hold the rear of the trigger guard.... It is circled in orange in the photo below (already half out of the slot).... Then you simply drive out the pin retaining the original trigger, put a bit of Moly on the new trigger, pin, and the lever it rubs on, and reinstall.... You may have to peen over the end of the pin slightly to retain it.... Although Lyn does supply a new pin in his trigger kit, I re-used the original, in fact I never drove it out of the second side of the trigger housing....

For those of you who don't know, the adjustments are as follows:

screw in yellow circle - sear engagement (screw in to decrease - screwing in too far will eliminate the 2nd stage and make firing unpredictable/unsafe)
tang in blue circle - 1st stage length (bend forward to increase - bending back too far will eliminate the 1st stage and/or make the gun unsafe)
screw in red circle - pull weight adjustment (accessable through hole in trigger guard, screw in to increase)

The sear is visible through a hole in the side of the trigger assembly.... With the gun cocked and the safety off, you can see the amount of engagement, and watch the intermediate lever travel as you pull the trigger.... If you are doing this, either have a FIRM grip on the barrel AND action, or have the gun loaded with pellet and pointing in a safe direction as you don't want to dry fire it (or bend something / get hurt).... Don't go too fine on the sear engagement as you don't want to make the gun unsafe.... In addition, make sure that you don't back the trigger spring down to the point where the sear doesn't re-engage if you "balk fire", ie release the trigger after pulling through the 1st stage only.... You want to make sure the trigger resets in this situation, and doesn't hang on the edge of firing.... Many springers are unsafe in this regard - the Rekord trigger, if properly adjusted, does reset....

Here is a photo of the newly installed trigger.... Not only is it a hug improvement in function, it looks great as well.... It transformed the trigger feel and adjustability on my B-26....

My thanks to Lyn for supplying this trigger at a good price, and for his excellent service as well.... He phoned me from England to discuss my needs and tell me how to install it.... How's THAT for customer service?....

Bob