ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disco trigger

Disco trigger

Well, i have been playing with my Disco in the garage doing some shooting/ tinkering for the last week or so. I got around to doing a 3 screw mod on the trigger but i feel it's still way too heavy. Anyone have some experience playing with these triggers/mods? I feel it's the sear spring that is the real problem at this point but not sure how to proceed from here. Is there a lighter( but still safe) spring available??
    Bill

YUP!.... You want to replace the coil trigger spring with one made from 0.020" wire and about the same length.... It gives the trigger a delightful 2-stage feel, where the upper rear screw adjusts the length of the 1st stage.... The total pull will be about 2 lbs.... If you wish to lighten the 2nd stage pull (which I do for a target gun, I usually leave it alone on a hunter) all you need to do is bend the sear spring slightly, reducing the angle between the legs by 3-5 degrees.... If you go too far, the pull will be too light.... but then you just bend it back.... Work with a protractor or angle gauge, record what you started with, and any mods and the results.... That way, you can repeat it later on any 2260/Disco trigger....

If you want a coil trigger spring, I can mail you one for $8.00 including postage ($10.00 with two 4-40 screws for the 2-screw mod)....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Bob, i did replace the trigger spring with a much lighter one, and i helped out a LOT. I used a spring from a pen, and cut it down to length. I believe its the sear spring that is the issue now. I think i will try bending the sear spring as you suggested. I also spent a fair amount of time polishing the contact points on the sear, etc.
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread