ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toying with HPA on a AR2078...

Toying with HPA on a AR2078...

I have an ambition to get a 48cu in HPA paintball tank, 3000 psi fill regulated to 850 psi output and hooked up with my recently acquired 4500 psi remote coil/foster to the bulk fill foster on the AR.
    Since I'm currently running this setup sucessfuly on a 20 oz CO2 tank I believe the HPA would be sucessful. From what I've read, everything inside the AR should function safely. I also expect to see a minor power increase compared to CO2. My question is how reliable is the 3000-850 psi regulator that comes on the paintball HPA tanks, like the this one
    http://www.paintballgear.ca/product/..._HPA_Tank.html ?
    Should I be worried about it failing and pressurizing the QB to 3000 psi?
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

It has a second burst disk to protect downstream of the regulator...it's likely an 1800psi disk. That would be the max your rifle would ever see in the event of regulator failure.

On a somewhat related note...I remove the hpa tank from my 79 for transport because it doesn't fit in the case with the reg installed. The bottle was near full when removed, and then transported along with other gear in the back of my truck @ -12C or so. Upon arrival at home, the rifles and gear were laid out to warm and then be wiped down before returning to the cabinet.

As the air on the down stream side of the reg warmed up...the pressure on that side of the reg went up as well (was set @ 1450psi)...blew the 1800psi disk and scared the crap out of my wife.

Just something to think about. ;)

Al

+ Reply to Thread