ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong in Canada

What is wrong in Canada

I went to Canadian Tire to buy some CO2 and it turns out that they need like my license information for me to do so. A few weeks back I bought pellets at Lebarons and had to do the same.

For CO2 they need a copy of my license... Really?

no not realy , but i think management whant employes to be whiter than white ... too efraied of law sue i guess.

Just that store being uneducated (and lacking some serious common sense).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Don't matter if it's 30-06/.177 or co2 here in town, they write my info down AND carry the stuff in a sealed blue bag to the check out counter!!!!
    Bill

I'm making sure I get all of my airguns now as I think in the near future the laws are going to change to make us look like criminals and that great TW1911 won't be as great painted pink from factory as per some silly new law..

Let's not go running off with the idea everything is coming apart- some idiot store personnel are just that, idiots- probably were told somewhere along the way "anything in that cabinet needs a firearms license" when either Co2 wasn't in it, or the person giving the instruction was also out-to-lunch.

I don't think it's coming apart any day soon, but it does seem that the RCMP has been cracking down on some real guns, banning them all of a sudden, banning some blank guns, I've even heard that some importers of paintball and airsoft guns have been held longer than usual at customs.

I could see Canadian Tire people being a bit clueless, but Lebarons?

If they are in the wrong I want to know so that I can complain that they are violating my privacy, if not, where is that law that requires then to do this.

In Toronto where every issue in Canada is either Rob Ford or Stephen Harpers fault it's easy to be a bit paranoid because if it isn't the most liberal thing in the world everyone is 5 seconds away protesting it.

LeBaron's people can be as clueless as anyone else.

Ask them to show you where the law, or regulations applying to the law indicate 12g Co2 caplets need to have a firearms license to purchase. They can't.

That being said, if management of the store is too thick to look into it (assuming everyone there is out-to-lunch)- shop elsewhere.

I try to do all my shopping through you Eric, but sometimes you need CO2 ASAP on a Sunday, lol..

That being said, I bought some JT co2 today and all it did was discharge the whole unit soon as I pulled the trigger. Had to go back and get some crosman ones..

You should be able to find Crosman units at Canadian Tire- not sure if Walmart is still carrying them (I know they had Daisy for awhile)...

+ Reply to Thread