ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr Says...sing a little song

Rush: tom sawyer for archery and Metallica: for whom the bell tolls for rifles :P

All sweet songs!.......I'm not much for rap music but I may use this one the next time me and the kids go starling sniping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql3Ra...eature=related
    SHAWN

Thanks for that tip. I was belting out "Born to be Wild", and was shooting 5 shot one holers all evening with my 2078.
    I could definitely feel my muscles relax, and my focus became intense.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Nice

It's been working really well for me too
    Sean

I've heard that having a song get stuck in your head can also be some sort of sympathetic nerve response that can help one's mind focus, and deal with stressful events.

I've read about troops in combat, and often hear about things like time seeming to slow down or speed up, details becoming ultra sharp, and yes, having a song stuck in the head.

(In the book "Generation Kill" by Evan Wright, which tells the story of the U.S. Marine First Recon Division, and their invasion of Iraq, one of the protagonists gets "sundown" by Gordon Lightfoot stuck in his head every firefight.)

Maybe doing this on purpose can mimic the brain's coping mechanisms, and lead to a higher degree of focus.

Or somethin' like that.
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Perhaps the human brain simply isn't equipped to deal with only one specific, targeted thing at a time- and attempting to force it to do so causes odd side effects- twitching, pain, stress, whatever. Don't know, probably doesn't matter so much either way.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    but heaven forbid your hard of hearing
    It's been about ten years since my last comfortably intelligible phone conversation. It happens to the best of us, especially in the over 50 group. If it were'nt for wife's interperter duties, I'd get nothing meaningful accomplished. She comes along with me for the important documentation things, so it's done right the first time.

My hearing loss is about a 50/50 split between being born that way, and over exposure to damaging loud noise.... If it wasn't for the inter-net, I'd be a total recluse when it comes to the social aspect of shooting...

If you've got some hearing left, take care of it. It really is irreplacable. Once it's gone, we don't get it back.

As for the rubber glove exam, it depends on your doctor. If he's anything worth his salt, specimen collection, front and rear, should occur at every physical. If those are clear, then glove test once every 5 years...

As for the pre-mature firing pin release- having a trigger I'm familiar with, that has a tiny amount of predictable pull weight goes a long way in eliminating those yanked fliers. Developing an intimate knowledge of a trigger takes time and practice. I do try and get them the same across all my airguns as much as possible.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread