ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr Says...sing a little song

Dr Says...sing a little song

A week ago I was at the Dr's for biannual medicals and we got on the topic of sports that require a lot of mental focus and that involuntary twitch that seems to happen when your concentrating really hard and your brain send the signal to do execute the action...in our case it's pull the trigger. He is into similar sports.

Apparently that little twitch is called an autonomic seizure. It's normal and it occurs when one area of your brain is being used very intensely. Your brain sends out signals which are far too strong for the action required and they start bouncing all over the place causing random jerks and twitches. While your brain is sorting this out it follows that it takes two or three times longer for the signal to get to your finger to squeeze the trigger.

Here's the good part

He told me to sing a song in my head. Really belt it out and it prevents that synaptic misfire. I've tried it and it instantly pushed my shooting into a new level.

I thought it was cool enough to share
    Sean

So you twitch before you shoot guns, eh?
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Uh Yup
    Sean

Boy, I am relieved- I thought it was just me that had premature trigger pull-ation.

Is this common among men over 40? Or applicable to anyone?

Can we start a support group?

I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I'm just glad that it turned out the Sean wasn't going to talk about a certain rather intimate examination.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Boy, I am relieved- I thought it was just me that had premature trigger pull-ation.

Technically the topic of the original post is delayed trigger pull-ation....but in the spirit of inclusion ( see all you HR people...I am actually listening) yes I think a support group would be good.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by MSEO1 View Post
    I'm just glad that it turned out the Sean wasn't going to talk about a certain rather intimate examination.
    Nope they don't do that. The physical part of the physical is beyond bogus. Looks in my throat ears and has me read the red/green book...thats it thats all. Then of course there is three audio exams.

You could be on deaths door and still be fit enough to go out on search and rescue....but heaven forbid your hard of hearing
    Sean

it's all in the rithme ... once you master your shooting sequence the trick is to find a beat . for instance if your sequance is somthing like (standing)1 feet placement (firing line) 2 pont 3breath in 4 aim 5 breath out 6 hold half breath 7shoot 8 folow thrue . in that sequence it takes a certain amount of time (say 20 30 sec) the little jingle come in handy as it last the same as your sequence it stop those twiches .

What song do you sing in your head?.......I was thinking of trying some pink floyd ...
    SHAWN

Hahaha ..Under the Bridge, Chili Peppers
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread