ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BB traps

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    I've always had good luck in Rona and Home Depot.it's usually sitting right on the shelf
    Not here in Guelph for some reason! I'll keep trying but Home Depot here seems to not carry it?
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Huh!....Well take a little trip down #6. I know Gurlington has it
    Sean

So here's what I ended up doing.. a little ghetto, but works like a charm.

I had a shoebox laying around, and filled it with foam and packing bubble wrap. taped it up, and put a target on the front with a pushpin.

Works like a charm. BB's go in and stay in. So it works good for now.

What I did was:

Take one of those plastic totes and cut a small window in it with a box cutter or a knife that will cut the plastic. Then I glue a clothes pin above the window so that I can clip paper targets.

And for the material used to slow the pellets I do a few things. One, I take cardboard that I find from anything to cereal boxes to boxes that I get packages in the mail in and tape some together so that I get a decent thickness to it. Obviously firing at cardboard is only going to last so long before its all tattered so thats where the "second" barrier comes in to play. For this I used thick pond liner material that I found at my old job and I drill 3 small holes into the tote which allows me to put some nuts and bolts in and allow it to drape on the inside of the tote. Its pretty decent but still after firing thousands of shots it gets nicked up. My "third" and final line of defense is a metal sign that I found at my old job I think its says " Expectant mothers parking" or something like that,lol. Anyways Im sure you know what I mean, its just a steel plate but does the trick but dont go starting to unbolt your community's stop signs,lol, and I dont own any pellet gun that is going to penetrate cardboard,rubber pond liner, and finally a steel plate so it does the trick for me. Its easy to move around also.

I am also looking at maybe taking some of that blue foam board insulation 4X8 sheet to put behind my pellet box as I had to move my pellet box to a location of the basement that I wouldnt want a stray pellet to hit but I dont know how that would hold up or for that matter slow down a pellet.

Jeremy

+ Reply to Thread