ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BB traps

BB traps

I've ended up buying some great bb guns but right now since I am stuck shooting in the basement all my solutions to contain the bb's don't work that great, especially for plinking. Any good bb traps for this? I'm 2 minutes away from making snow angels with bb's..

I found my duct-seal target works fine for capturing BBs as well as pellets. I have a couple of the "folded metal" targets (like the Beeman) that work OK, but are pretty noisy, and can cause richochets. At least with BBs, you can clean up strays with a magnet...
    Here are a couple pics of the duct-seal target I built:Target Interior.jpg
    Last edited by Scottster; Feb 24 2012 at 08:50 AM.

Sorry-not sure why this went to a second post, but here's a couple more pics...

Target rear:
    Target Rear.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scottster; Feb 24 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Not a bad idea. I will try something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
    I found my duct-seal target works fine for capturing BBs as well as pellets. I have a couple of the "folded metal" targets (like the Beeman) that work OK, but are pretty noisy, and can cause richochets. At least with BBs, you can clean up strays with a magnet...
    Here are a couple pics of the duct-seal target I built:Attachment 403

That doesn't even look used!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

I made a similar target using duct seal and it works great. Stops BBs and pellets and is quiet. I have shot thousands of shots at mine and just pick the dead ones out once in a while and shoot it up again.

If I could make something maybe 6' x 4' Then I could really have some fun.. duct tape seal would be too expensive at that point though.. Maybe 5 inch styrofoam..

"That doesn't even look used! "

Yeah, I took those right after the build...
    Maybe I should take more current pic, after a couple thousand rounds. I collect the used shot in a container-one day I'll make a shooting rest or something with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
    Yeah, I took those right after the build...
    Maybe I should take more current pic, after a couple thousand rounds. I collect the used shot in a container-one day I'll make a shooting rest or something with them...
    No explanation necessary Scott, I figured as much! You know me any chance to tease.......

Your traps look great. I am having the worst time trying to find any duct seal here in Guelph. And the store help are no help either, they keep wanting to send me to where they sell duct work when it should be in electrical! They give me a weird look when I tell them that! Oh well the search continues......
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Quote Originally Posted by PACTOO View Post
    I am having the worst time trying to find any duct seal here in Guelph. And the store help are no help either, they keep wanting to send me to where they sell duct work when it should be in electrical!
    I've always had good luck in Rona and Home Depot.it's usually sitting right on the shelf
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread