ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orders from Ontario to Nova Scotia....

Orders from Ontario to Nova Scotia....

A little prelude;

So...I don't trust the internets.....I don't like dealing over the internets, but I'll do it if I have to.

The most secure thing I've seen is EMT....and I still don't trust that fully.
    But, most of the stuff I wish to order has to come from southern Ontario.

I requested an order, (actually, a few orders), from one vendor...and received it in 5 days, (including a weekend).
    And had subsequent orders sent through CanadaPost with the same speed.

Last Tuesday...I requested an order from a different vendor...and was informed it "should" be here by Thursday....nine days from day of order.

The "other guy" is in the same relative geoghraphical area as the "5 day" guy.......and I had to pay by CC, (@18% interest)...

What gives?
    Why does one shop ship fast....and one slow?

Just wonderin.....

(Maybe someone can explain this to me)

HS
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

I can't speak for anyone else, but there are a few variables that may affect a delivery time:

Day/time when order was placed: An order placed on a Thursday or Friday may not get sent until the following Monday- if an order cannot be packed the "same day" on a Thursday, and Canada Post pickups are early in the day Friday- it wouldn't leave until Monday. If an order is placed on a Friday and the pickups are earlier in the day- pickup by Canada Post might be missed/already done- again delaying output to the Monday.

Sellers actual time from order placement-to-shipment time. Many vendors run a website as more a "side business" than a primary business and as such orders may "get out when they get out" as there is no focus on meeting timeframes/guidelines and the internet business takes a back-seat to their retail operation.

Canada Post itself; while Canada Post may try to "do its best" this isn't always all that great. Additionally, shipments from some locations seem to have delays- for example, shipping from within a city tends to be faster that from outside a city as Canada Post must transport packages from the 'outside' area into the nearest postal processing centre- all of which are in cities. For example, when I ship things, they don't arrive at a Canada Post processing centre (Ottawa) until approximately 6-7:00 pm Monday to Friday, whereas if the pickup were done in Ottawa, it could be in the system an hour after the pickup was done (i.e. if pickups done at 11:00am, it could be in the system by noon).

All that being said, the longer a shipper takes to get something out the door, obviously the longer it will take to get to you. The question then becomes "why does it take them days to get an item out the door?" Is it a lack of stock, a slow process, some sort of additional work required to be done (i.e. disassemble something to get a part to ship)?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

great explanation it all make sence

it also explain why other courier don't bother with rural delivery

In addition to what Eric said I have made aware that sometimes packages take a pretty convoluted route.

I live appr 30 minutes south of Eric but my processing center is Belleville. So if I sent a package to Eric it would go to Belleville (south west 3 hrs) then to Ottawa (Northeast 4hrs) then to Eric (West 30min)

The package would literally pass the point of origin twice before getting to Eric
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    ......All that being said, the longer a shipper takes to get something out the door, obviously the longer it will take to get to you. The question then becomes "why does it take them days to get an item out the door?" .....
    I think it's this more than anything...Canada Post does do some wierd stuff, but if a shipper takes two days just to get the damn thing to the post office, then the whole machine breaks down.

Oh well, c'est la vie. At least I'll get the damn thing eventually.
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Every order I place from Quebec takes an extra day to arrive than if ordered from Ontario. That must be a funky route they use?
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Most of my internet ordering is from scopes and ammo.
    Ship times can vary, with the fastest being 3 days, and the longest being 10+ business days.
    That is the post office, and not the store.
    The post office is usually pretty reliable, but there are times that tracking numbers seem to freeze on their web site.

If there are clarifications needed on an order, it's going to slow things down a little. I don't expect anyone to sit at their e-mail 24 hrs a day- simply because I can't- why should I expect that from anyone else?

Fastest service I ever got was from Bushnell on a warranty issue. They used Can-Par, and I had my replacement scope at my door in just under 48 hours... That ain't bad at all, considering the distance....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

I once ordered a trigger from Eric on a firday and i received it on the tuesday. I'm in Quebec on the island of Ile Perrot. I was pretty amazed. The next time I ordered something from him it took a week (5 days) to get to me. So was it that Eric did not fill the order the day he received it or was it because of the way the post office handles mail???? Don't know.
    Ordering from out west (BC) usually takes a full week (7days) and it depends on who you are ordering from like D&L or SSSO and others. I have used purolator to get stuff to me faster and fedex whom i hate (it's a long story about why I hate them) but ordering out west is usually slow in the sense it takes a week minimum to receive something.
    Ordering from the US is an absolute test of your patience...lol. It can take up to a month, at least that's my experience. If a company is willing to ship to us up here, ya take what ya can get in terms of delivery times.
    I am usually a patient man most of the time and when I order something i have the old saying to help me to be patient and that would be....Good things come to those who wait....
    Any way that's my two cents on this.

Fab
    Remember! Blue side up.

I wonder about Canada Post's "Expedited" Parcel. I think they called a courier and asked "What's up with this expedited thing?" And the courier told them that you send the receiver e-mails, let him track it on line and charge a bunch; and at that time the phone call got disconnected.
    I find it is quite variable, I got my latest toys from Eric Saturday morning. I'm always nervous toward the end of the week because I can only get to the Post Office Saturday mornings and if the delivery misses by a day, oh noooo, another week to wait.

Dan told me my order will be processed on monday. I am curious how long it will take to arrive. The orders I got from Scopes&ammo took 3-4 days.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

+ Reply to Thread