ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Busted Stripper.

Hybrid View

Busted Stripper.

Not QUITE like that, but a .177 pumper made up from mostly stripped screw hole crosman parts.

It holds air , and shoots reasonably well. Bulk of the donor parts came off a pretty sick early phase 3 variant 13-89 back packer. Those parts are the hammer and end cap, grip frame, and trigger assembly including wide face plastic trigger. That pump handle is an example of how I learned to leave the roll pins alone in the handle. Bolt and nut serve to make a ugly broken plastic repair.

A stripped breech screw hole 13-77 tube, and a stripped bolt handle hole sbk kit in .177 made up the rest of it...

Grips are busted 22-40 black grips I had laying around. The grip screw holes in the grip frame were stripped as well. They were re-cut to 10X32.

I don't even remember where the breech and bbl came from.

At least it shoots.

The ultra-mags are still settling into the bore here. Another 10 or 15 shots should have it happy. Those 2 at upper left were the first 2 through the bore. Offhand at 7 M. IIRC, I had experimented rather extensively with gamo pba pellets in that bbl...

That's another project outta the way. I think I've got 4 left to get out of the way. By the looks of that parts pile, there's most of a 22-40 in there, sans valve and end cap...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Jeez- I was really hoping to see a busted stripper. Your title is misleading as you have obviously fixed the 'busted' part (and without having to bribe anyone).

How did you manage to collect that many broken bits? Apparently Doc is kinda like Red Green, but instead of duct tape, it's all about the epoxy.

Also- plastic trigger blade? This came on a factory gun? The newer units have a pot-metal/cast-type trigger painted black- but I had not noticed any plastic units- any idea where it originated?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Haven't had to resort to epoxy yet. The plastic trigger came on a beater 13-89 backpacker I had bought used at a gunshow. It was one of those transition guns that Crosman couldn't quite make up their minds on, with the phase 2 hammer pictured, and plastic trigger. The original tube was cut for a hammer pin. My best guess is early to mid 70's for production. It also had a swinging gate pellet holder, instead of a bolt...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Since I'm not seeing the busty stripper I was hoping for, let me say that you've built a pretty fair gun there, given what you started with...

Quote Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
    Since I'm not seeing the busty stripper I was hoping for, let me say that you've built a pretty fair gun there, given what you started with...

X2. Very disappointed!! Gun turned out well though!!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

+ Reply to Thread