Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
Gas Rams change pressure relative to the absolute temperature (ie Kelvin), which is Celcius plus 273*.... 0*C is 273*K and 20*C is 293*K.... If the pressure in the strut is 130 Bar (typical) at 20*C then it would be 130x273/293 = 121 Bar at 0*C.... that only a loss of about 7%.... On most springers, I doubt you would see much velocity change.... The closer the gun is to "oversprung" (ie maxed out) the less change in velocity you would see....

Bob
Makes sense- the gun is definitely not "over sprung" it's the "Made in the USA" Legacy tube with a stock legacy piston and a strut from a Trail NP- so I think more could be had out of it. I will go with the idea that it needs to be broken in, I think there are maybe 100 shots through it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
I'd sure like to try out a CH-2009 and compare it with my CH-2000. With the CO2 version, I average 440/450 fps w/7g RWS Hobbies.
Unfortunately, mine didn't come equipped with a spring tensioner...
Except being a PCP and having a power adjuster- it is essentially very much the same rifle (barrel, stock, sights, bolt). If Crosman had left off the power adjuster and restricted the transfer port a bit- it could have been "set" below 500fps and thus not a firearm, just like the Co2 CH-2000.

I think someone needs to set up some kind of shooting-day for people to be able to get together and try different guns. Not a "show" or an FT Match- but just a "try out some new stuff" day where everyone brings a gun or two that might not be so common, or that they have customized so people can see some stuff. I have a couple I would bring (i.e. the CH-2009 and the Marauder) and I know other people have some interesting creations...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
Bloody H$!! , that's awesome news. I'm glad you got to get out and blam away with with a few testers.

What was your overall thoughts and impressions with the Challenger?
Tough to say- I was a bit too chilled to really concentrate (as you can see by my wonderful shooting)- but I found it far too quiet- I'm obviously used to shooting higher-powered stuff these days, or testing after a repair indoors (i.e. enclosed space) so I really couldn't hear much noise from the pellet leaving the barrel, it was like 90% mechanical noise. 10% air movement noise. That being said, as an FT shooter- it's only outputting around 5ft-lbs so it's a bit under-powered- but that could be rectified easily enough I imagine- I bet you it has a sleeve in the valve to reduce air consumption- and based on it's tube (same as a 22xx and Disco) the valve is likely the same as a Disco unit, probably with the sleeve and perhaps a reduced port size- so it would be easy enough to modify/replace.

And- this "muti-quote" feature on the software sure makes things easier!