ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TR77

TR77

Hey Eric, the TR77 looks like another B18 platform gun. Do you know if it is ?. The stock might be an interesting swap on a phantom.

I have been told that it is a B18/B19 platform. However, when Crosman brings out a new product it usually takes them about a year to produce "parts" specific to it for sale- so if it appears in May of this year, the stock may not be available as a "part" until May or so of next year. In the meantime, they will exchange defect rifles for new ones as required until they build up a little stock of parts for their warranty-use only.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Guess I will be waiting for a while. I like the pistol grip.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    I have been told that it is a B18/B19 platform. However, when Crosman brings out a new product it usually takes them about a year to produce "parts" specific to it for sale- so if it appears in May of this year, the stock may not be available as a "part" until May or so of next year. In the meantime, they will exchange defect rifles for new ones as required until they build up a little stock of parts for their warranty-use only.

Yep, nice looking rifle...
    Will we see it with the muzzle brake in the picture?

The brake is a very good question- the Crosman website shows it with the brake and no sights, but the 2012 Catalog shows it with front and rear sights (regular units) and no brake. I have sent an email to Crosman to see what answer they come back with on this.

Their website also claims 1000fps, but the catalogue says 1200. If you compare pictures from both, the catalogue version shows the shoulder stock at a different angle from the on-line one. Almost straight back, in fact...
    Maybe the on-line one's a prototype version? Kinda looks like a retractable stock design...
    Last edited by Scottster; Feb 18 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Everything out there really is a "prototype" until it's in production (the TR77 is not, yet). The person at Crosman I contacted (North America Sales Manager) is going to investigate with the production floor this week- hopefully there will be a definitive answer.

However, if you look at the unit that was on display at the SHOT show a month ago (crap picture, but the only one of it I have) it has the brake installed, but also appears to have holes drilled for a rear sight...

DSCN0059.jpg

As for the "numbers"- I don't know what to make of them- the mechanics of this platform have not changed (the 'Optimus' also lists at 1200fps in .177- and as well all know, it's never going to get beyond the low-to-mid 900s- after modification)- so I suspect the testing is being done, a.k.a. "the Gamo method" with super-light pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfritz View Post
    Hey Eric, the TR77 looks like another B18 platform gun. Do you know if it is ?. The stock might be an interesting swap on a phantom.
    Might be cheaper to just buy this gun Paddy! I have taken apart several of this platform guns so at least I could fix it if I needed to. I think the b-18/19 is a good starting point for new airgunners to learn on!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

b-18 b-19 might just be the most succesful sprigner base ever whit all those crosman and gamo and those we don't know off

+ Reply to Thread