ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to do some target practice?

Where to do some target practice?

I have moved to a condo here in Collingwood the nabours do not appreciate anyone plinking tin cans of the fence
    and the local gun club want $200 a year to join and an aditional $150 for initiation thats more than my guns are worth
    anyone no where I can plink away in Simcoe County Crown land maybe help

isn't 5 minutes in any direction in Collingwood the middle of nowhere? I wanted to move to Collingwood because I thought I can enjoy doing stuff that I can't in the middle of a big city... don't tell me my hopes are up.

Up here every square inch of land is owened buy someone or a developer to put more over priced
    vacation homes that stay empty for 9 months of the year but I do have a pal in Meaford that might
    let me plink away on his land. I guess if I traveled 50 or 60 Klm north I could find some crown land but that is getting scarce
    to.

It's sad that eventually it will be impossible to go anywhere and not find land that's getting ready to be some lousy new community.

It's uncanny how so many people move away from the city and end up creating another new city.

I guess gun club membership is the way to go when options are limited.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

I am lucky enough to have a few options including a large back yard and (so far) tolerant neighbours. Farmers are handy friends to have as well. In the bad weather, my basement being suitable only for storage has been a plus. I created a nice little 8 yard range in the basement and crawlspace. As long as no one else takes up wood turning, there should be no conflicts.
    The new 8 yard range.jpg

+ Reply to Thread