ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill Passed the Commons to Axe the Registry

Bill Passed the Commons to Axe the Registry

Just passed in the Commons 159-130.... Now to the Senate and then Royal Assent....

Then we get to listen to Quebec argue in the Courts to keep the data for the next 5 years....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

YES!!! I for one will not miss the frigin registry .......it took me 3 tries to register a .22 pump that I picked up last year ....Big pain in the ass!!
    SHAWN

Yes that is good news. I am just in the process of restoring the Winchester model 60 I learned to shoot with and inherited from when grandmother when I was about 14.

I was away fighting the Bad Man and my grandmother loaned my (her) vintage .22 to a relative. Then Bill 17 came along and she got all freaked out and told him to hang onto it and register it in his name....(because I was overseas) meanwhile.....She passes away, the relative she loaned it to passes away and the children inherit my .22

20 years later I'm at a family get together and the topic of old 22's comes up and I tell my story. Off goes my cousin and he comes back with a rusty hunk of scrap that was at one time my beautiful Mod 60....etc etc
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    Yes that is good news. I am just in the process of restoring the Winchester model 60 I learned to shoot with and inherited from when grandmother when I was about 14.

I was away fighting the Bad Man and my grandmother loaned my (her) vintage .22 to a relative. Then Bill 17 came along and she got all freaked out and told him to hang onto it and register it in his name....(because I was overseas) meanwhile.....She passes away, the relative she loaned it to passes away and the children inherit my .22

20 years later I'm at a family get together and the topic of old 22's comes up and I tell my story. Off goes my cousin and he comes back with a rusty hunk of scrap that was at one time my beautiful Mod 60....etc etc
    we whant pics and full acount of that thing from the rusty bits to the restored biuty

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    comes back with a rusty hunk of scrap that was at one time my beautiful Mod 60...
    Well, at least they took care of it. har har har...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    we whant pics and full acount of that thing from the rusty bits to the restored biuty
    I'd love to....But this is an AG forum and I'm not sure there is a mandate to chat about PB's

Well, at least they took care of it. har har har...
    Exactly...poor thing was stored in on of those cheap ass vinyl fake leather gun cases...inside a gun locker for 20 years. Likely the last time my gr Uncle used it was a wet cold fall day. And there it sat for 20 years in a plastic sarcophagus. grrrr
    Sean

can we eric ? SeanMP come on at least do it in pm ... i realy whant to see art in the making beside it's we will get to see the full extent of a talanted guy

Deal...The only thing left is the last few coats of oil on the stock. I will fire off a PM when it's together
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread