ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Target Shy?

Target Shy?

When dialing my scope in for 30 yrds i noticed some kind of magnetic thing going on with my croshair and the bulls eye. I could not keep the cross on the center rather all around it and had to give up for a bit and walk away. It seemed as though I had developed some kind of fear of the bulls eye targets and it became very disturbing as this had happened to me in archery at one point as well years ago. Not willing to give up for the day I began to twist off pop caps and set them in the snow at different ranges from 20 to 40 yards...6 of them in total. 7 shots freehand and all had a hole in them except one cap had two holes(it didnt move after the first shot like the others so I plugged it again), and there was no problem setting the crosshair on them and holding for two seconds while I squeezed the trigger. Same goes for hunting tree rats not a problem lining up the shot at all so I am wondering if I am target shy? This does not apply to bench shooting as the weight of the rifle doesnt have to be balanced,its only when free hand
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Put yellow red or green filter on the scope and see if that helps. I'm not sure what the phenomena is but its pretty common and most target apertures come with a raft of colour filters to correct it
    Sean

interesting...I often wondered why the colored discs
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

+ Reply to Thread