ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waterdown Airgun Show-who wants one?

Waterdown Airgun Show-who wants one?

Guys I have been in touch with the previous organizer who has indicated that he is no longer going to be involved with future shows. A disappointment for sure as he did a great job in my opinion. So we are left to decide if we as an airgun community want more of these types of shows or whether they die off. I would like to see them continue of course as I think many of you would like to as well.

So I ask if there are Waterdown club members that are willing to speak with the club owners and try to set a date as well as find out the little details involved with securing that site for the day. Any fees, set up/clean up regulations etc. Are we close to being able to shoot there as well, do we need to pay for a range officer to do so, or is it worth it? Please PM me if you are a member willing to speak to the club owners.

I have already been in touch with a couple of vendors and am willing to get in touch with others in the near future. One indicated to me that they would need at least 6 weeks notice in order to commit so all you previous vendors please PM me with your needs in mind and if you are willing to continue showing support for this show. I am aware of many of you but not all so any help here would be appreciated.

Anyone willing to volunteer and in what capacity? I am sure we would need help with set up and clean up, could we expand the refreshment options etc. I am listening....

I really would like to see this continue if possible and am willing to donate my time and energy but will need some assistance, so I hope my PM inbox will be full in the near future!
    Come on guys lets keep this going if we can, as the attendance was up and we all seemed to really enjoy getting together. Thanks for your time and potential involvement, -Paul-
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

i'n verry interested but distance prevent me to do so ... all my best in your endever !!

Any airgun shows would be good news!

If a Waterdown show is not "in the cards" are there any members of other gun clubs where such an event or events could be held? People in other provinces/locales could have shows as well.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Any updates on the show? I understand Paul is not in charge of getting anything going- but as it's been 3 weeks, perhaps some progress has been made by the Waterdown club member?

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Any updates on the show? I understand Paul is not in charge of getting anything going- but as it's been 3 weeks, perhaps some progress has been made by the Waterdown club member?
    Nothing but crickets!! I did PM the Waterdown member a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard boo on whether one is even in the works. I would hazard a guess that he would be in touch with you Eric if and when he has a date.

Not so surprising, really. What about one of the CAFTA guys- I believe a couple are members at Waterdown? Or are they shying away from it because LenJ. pulled out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Not so surprising, really. What about one of the CAFTA guys- I believe a couple are members at Waterdown? Or are they shying away from it because LenJ. pulled out of it?
    Can't answer that as I am not aware of who else is a member there!! I hope that once all this BS is done the airgun community can move on! Not sure how long this will take but hope it is not too long. Or we move on with or without them! Hopefully said member will announce something soon though, but I will not hold my breath for now.

Would anyone be willing to attend a show in Chatham Ontario? I have been in touch with a CAF member who is the secretary of a gun club there, and shooting would most likely be allowed as they have a outdoor and indoor range, a kitchen facility, and a bar area which seats 80. I am not promising anything here but there is a good chance as they contacted me amd not the other way around. So, who would be willing to drive to Chatham?

Unfortunately, not me- that is like 7 hours one way for me. And while I would very much like to support any airgun shows- anything beyond 3-4 hours I cannot attend.

That being said- have whatever shows you can- the more shows the better!

Haha My wife is from there. That range (Cloverleaf) used to sponsor shooting nights for my scout group.

Ya I'd go...Don't tell the wife I'm not actually going to see the in laws
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread