ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope intermount for a model 60

The "D" series was pretty well the last rimfire oriented scope that Weaver offered before U.S. operations ceased in the mid 80's. They are brighter than the 3/4" tube scopes, but not by a lot. The older scopes had better glass, especially the last of the B-4 line.

In short, do not expect the equal of a current 1" tube scope in any of the U.S. made Weaver's. You won't come near it. If you are after period correct optics, then this is the way to go.

Best of the 3/4" tube scopes I've ever seen was the old Mossberg 4-MD-4 series with the rubber eye-cup- which would be right at home on one of the old Cooey/Lakefield/Winchester semi auto's. There was a lot of rumor that their lenses were ground by Wollensak.. They even had a crude parallax adjustment that could be set to the user's eye at 25 yds....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; Feb 25 2012 at 12:28 AM.
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    Best of the 3/4" tube scopes I've ever seen was the old Mossberg 4-MD-4 series with the rubber eye-cup- which would be right at home on one of the old Cooey/Lakefield/Winchester semi auto's. There was a lot of rumor that their lenses were ground by Wollensak.. They even had a crude parallax adjustment that could be set to the user's eye at 25 yds....
    Regards,
    Doc Sharptail
    Thanks Doc, I had a large format camera lense that was a Wollensak ...back in the day when such things were actually used. I will keep an eye out for that model.
    I've asked Eric to bring in one of these
    http://www.crosman.com/optics/adventure/72002
    It will be the working scope because I just love shooting that gun. But it is several months to delivery
    The other will be the "Period look" scope.
    I'm going to keep my eye peeled for the Williams Peep that fits it as well (just cause I'm a peep guy)
    Sean

Here's a D-6 in an early a/g experiment for me:

Mossberg 4E-MD-4 :

I'll have to dig for the rest. Lotta pic files to go through. Next 4-MD-4 I come across, is gonna get kept, no matter what...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread