ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hatsan AT44S MW-1022

I had a bit of a laugh today shooting at an official 10 meter target at 10 meters...the tru glo or whatever they are sights completely cover the center of the target..lol. Scope will be put on tomorow night. Something else I noticed right away is the hand pump doesnt fill this tube as fast as the Qb tube.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Quote Originally Posted by remtom1200 View Post
    thats smokin synthetic ..lol.
    No kidden...Wow looks like carpathian walnut
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
    Oh man!.....I can't see the picture :( is something gayed up with the picture posting again?
    It's got to be something in the way the post is created- everyone's posts the last couple of days were coming up A-Ok, now not in this one. Odd

AT44.jpg
    Last edited by SeanMP; Feb 21 2012 at 05:12 AM.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

What's even odder is I can edit your post Eric and the attachment instantly turns into an image
    Sean

Had a day of shooting the at44 at various distances and decided to zero in at 30 yrds. Grouping is pretty tight given my bench was a stack of summer tires( not stable at all). I am getting twenty shots from 3000psi ending at 1800psi which I am happy with. At 50 yrds my bic pickles lid(3''dia) has no center anymore so all in all I can say its a heavy hitter. You may wonder why I didnt mention specific fps or fpe, that is only because I dont know at this time. The best I could figure was with chairgun and work it with my pellet jsb 18g exact jumbo heavy, zeroed at 30 yrds, knowing the poi at 50yrds is approx -1 to -1.5inches from poa. The fps that lines that little info up is around 1050fps and 44fpe. My guess is when chrono'd it will be in the mid 900's. The Hatsan AT44 is allowed to hang on the same rack as the QB...lol Very satisfied!

I think you will find that the actual BC of those pellets is a bit better than what ChairGun uses.... I'm guessing your velocity with them will be right around 900.... The one I played with would only hit 950 with the hammer spring preload cranked to the max and then it would only get about 10 shots.... Unless it's the long version....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

That may very well be and I would be happy with those numbers. The only thing I did different was the valve, when the tube was tightened two holes were on top split perfect to the tp and no adjustment was gonna align just one with it. So I set screwed all but those two holes on top and oversized them both a tiny amount as well straightened them so parallel with the tp. Also settled on 2.25 turns out on the hammer spring.

I settled on a very similar mod (single 0.166" hole on the top of the valve, pointing straight up, others plugged) and spring setting.... At 2 turns out the average over 27 shots was 895 fps (907 peak) and at 2.5 turns out the average over 23 shots was 918 fps with a 932 fps peak.... At 3 turns out I got 20 shots averaging 926 fps with a peak of 933 fps from 190 bar down to 130 bar....

Bob

so you did do the single hole mod, did you cold weld the setscrews in or just leave them bare? I did cold weld mine so it filled in all the voids between the setscrews, and it made a nice neat job. Those JSB 18gr are hitting incredibly hard even at 50 yards out of this rifle. I am beyond satisfied.

I just filled the holes with 6-32 screws, set flush with the OD of the valve.... and drilled out the top hole....

Bob

+ Reply to Thread