ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revampin the old CT 2289

Revampin the old CT 2289

Did a little revamp on the 2289 I purchased WAY back when Canadian Tire was clearing them out. Made some duplicate bits for the 2240 when I get around to putting it back together...should make for a neat little "pair". :)

Might even get to shoot it this weekend....if the "honey do" list isn't tooooo long. ;)

Al

Al

That is a seriously sexy airstripper. You should do a thread just on that gizmo.

And am I seeing things correctly that you incorporated an RVA into the butt stock?

C'mon Al you can't post something that cool without some details
    Sean

Thanks Sean. :)

Some details/background;

Have been eye balling this thing every time I open the cabinet. Used to shoot this a LOT back a few years, they make great short/medium range gopher/go fer guns.

Have been playing with airstrippers for a few years too. This is just the latest...made four like this when I had the mill set up. A bit time consuming, but I think they look cool...and lots of vent area.

RVA as stock mount is something I've been doing for a while as well. Up till now, the rva has been hidden inside a straight tube stock...I wanted to try a bent stock this time, and am quite pleased with the results. Stock is bent from 1/2" cold rolled, bead blasted and painted.

Rva is adjusted via a countersunk grub screw...a funnel shape helps guide the wrench into the grubb. It's the same wrench needed to remove the stock, and lock the rva adjustment.

Best get to work now. ;)

Al

+ Reply to Thread