ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crosman 1400 Restoration

Beautifully done restoration Bob. I do have appreciation for the amount of work you put in to lift up that grain pattern. Bravo.

This is my last restoration (finally)....
    Ya!!! I was born at night....but not last night

I am definitely looking forward to your observations on that B51. I have admired the looks of that rifle for quite awhile.
    Sean

I realize I am a couple years behind on this post but if at all possible, I would like to know where you purchased the new flat top piston, quad ring and how the heck did you remove the fore-grip from the pump arm?
    all of this is new to me but I have jumped in with both feet and I am smack dab in the middle of rebuilding (soup to nuts) my late grandparents old Sears 126.
    seems this is a group of very knowledgeable folks and I appreciate your thoughts and input. All questions welcome!
    Mel

I made the new end for the piston, but you can purchase them from Mac1 Airguns.... The quad rings are available from a good Hydraulics supply (or Mac1, or wwwscopesandammo.com).... To remove the roll pins, using a 1/16" dril, carefullyt drill through the opposite (blind) side of the forearm using the center of the roll pin for a guide.... Once you have a 1/16" hole, which is lined up with the center of the pin, use a 1/8" drill and come back from the blind side until you hit the roll pin.... Then using a 1/8" pin punch, drift the roll pin out through the original hole....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

+ Reply to Thread