ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shooting in january

HAMMER
    If you tell me you work at the PETROLEUM RESEARCH CENTER in DEVON ALBERTA i'll laugh my head off.

Quote Originally Posted by maurice View Post
    HAMMER
    If you tell me you work at the PETROLEUM RESEARCH CENTER in DEVON ALBERTA i'll laugh my head off.
    Hahaha....sadly, no. I grew up in Morinville, AB and spent 26 years avoiding the oil industry like the plague.
    Then I move to Nova Scotia, and end up in the goddam oil industry...........what a kick in the tits.
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    ....They only sell through the Ebay store but they are very good to deal with if you contact them
    Thanks SeanMP!

Im'a check these guys out, looks like they have the pellets I want.

Cibles is the Canadian importer for H&N, anyone who carries them must go to them. The problem is, there is little difference between what the son (he sells the pellets on Ebay) and what they charge a dealer. H&N is now imported by one company in the U.S. and their pricing to a dealer is about the same as Cibles in Canada (a U.S. company and a "monopoly" is apparently not a good idea). So, bottom line is, Canadians are already getting the best price possible from Cibles.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

those monopoly here in canada seams like the way all shooting sports work. archery is a good exemple as well 1 distributor is the exclusive saler of hoyt, mathiews and bear product.

It is a common argument for Canadian companies to go to foreign manufacturers, lie to them and tell them they are the "best" possible distributor for their product and can sell a million units, get an 'exclusive' agreement in place, and then only sell what Canada can absorb. There is one company in Toronto that has been doing business this way for decades and many of the foreign companies they have been the "exclusive" distributor on drop them after a few years when they don't sell a million units and have gotten a bit more educated on the real size of the Canadian market. Unfortunately, some of these manufacturers then go back to them and sign another "exclusive" agreement as they don't know who else to contact in Canada as they have been left "in the dark" by the original distributor.

Many manufacturers, as I've discovered, tend to believe the person telling them they can sell the largest number of their products. These foreign manufacturers have no real idea of the size of the Canadian market, and "big" always sounds good, so they tie themselves into bad arrangements without even knowing it, then wonder why a million units didn't sell. What they seem to fail to realize is that many people will not deal with some vendors- i.e. their "exclusive" distributor- so they don't sell all they could because they simply picked the wrong company based on lies and BS. I am not saying this about Cibles, just to be clear, but there is one large-ish distributor in Toronto that is exactly this situation, and as result of many many many people (consumers and dealers) having had bad experiences with them over the years and their bad/arrogant attitude, alot of products that could be bigger/better distributed and ultimately available at a lower price to consumers, just doesn't occur.

As has been my handicap- I'm not out to BS manufacturers and won't claim "a million" units can be sold- so I have tended not to be able to pick up some products at the best possible price (and don't carry them as a result). As time and history goes on, however, it appears that some manufacturers may be learning who the BS'ers are, and who isn't- so it may, in the longer term, start correcting itself.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    It .....LONG ASS POST.... itself.
    Aaaaand......this is why I buy sh!t from Eric.

HS

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Sandwich View Post
    Aaaaand......this is why I buy sh!t from Eric.

HS
    Me too!!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Funny, I know exactly the distributer your talking about.

I seem to run into constant problems with them telling their distributors they have stock and then getting a call a week later to find out 25% of my order was in. Mostly pellets but some years ago I first ran into that importers antics when I tried to order a clone that I really really wanted. I probably placed 6 separate orders with 6 different distributers that said they could get it. Then the rifle went out of production.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    Funny, I know exactly the distributer your talking about.

I seem to run into constant problems with them telling their distributors they have stock and then getting a call a week later to find out 25% of my order was in. Mostly pellets but some years ago I first ran into that importers antics when I tried to order a clone that I really really wanted. I probably placed 6 separate orders with 6 different distributers that said they could get it. Then the rifle went out of production.
    So where the hell am I supposed to order from.?....

Oh, who am I kidding....I'm just gonna buy sh!t from scopesandammo.......

Y'know what really sold me off the bat?.....EMT!!

I DON'T WANT TO PAY 9-29% INTEREST ON FRIGGIN PELLETS.

Why don't more online stores do this?

HS

+ Reply to Thread