ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benjaming hand pump repair?

Benjaming hand pump repair?

Hey folks, anyone in Ontario with seals/ "o" ring kits to fix a Disco hand pump?
    Thanks Bill

You basically have two choices- take the pump apart and see if you can find o-rings at your local industrial supplier or perhaps a co-op or maybe a Princess Auto- or go to the importer, "Sun Optics" Phone: 817 783 6001 and see if they would be willing to send you a "kit". Both routes have their pitfalls, but there is little else that can be done at this point.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Thanks Eric, do you think the "kit" is worth while or just go for it and see if i can fix it myself? I can't imagine it's super tough to figure out??
    Bill

It's not super-tough (if I had the o-ring sizes, I would tell you, but I don't unfortunately). The Sun Optics people have proven to at least 3 people in Canada how useless they are- bad advice, wrong parts sent, poor thinking generally. I might suggest you call them to inquire about them sending you a seal kit (which may not ever arrive) and then take the pump apart and go shopping. If their kit shows up, great- but I wouldn't bet the farm on it showing up, or if it does, having all the pieces you need in it.

LOL, well just went to the Sun Optics page and viewed the take down instructions for the pump.WOW!!! How thye get that many parts in there!!!! lol

Funny thing- yesterday I got the new 2012 Crosman information- seems they are offering a new pump that will go 3000psi (not so exciting, all pumps should do this)- but it's an odd looking thing with 'wing' like pieces attached to the pump arm- they call it a "TurboAire"- and these extra bits are apparently to "allow for more uniform applied force throughout the pump cycle". I just hope this isn't huge over-compensation/a crutch for crap design or such. No price on it yet, however.

Still no luck finding an Ontario repair place/parts for a Disco.
    Bill

Send it to me, I'll look it over if you like. Won't guarantee anything- but I might be able to get it up and working again (I won't go near those guys at Sun Optics again- ).

If there turns out to be no satisfactory fix for this, I would like a crack at fixing one of these as well. Perhaps you'd be willing to sell it cheap as is?

Al

Moisture seems to be the common denominator. That and the 007 O-ring.
    http://www.marauderairrifle.com/foru...php?f=19&t=819

+ Reply to Thread