ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disco Double

Disco Double

In case you guys haven't heard yet, Lloyd Sikes (of Crosman Rogue fame) has been working on a dual tube conversion for the Discovery.... It has a second tube under the first and doubles the air capacity with the addition of 1 lb. of weight.... That means the gun, without scope, is about 6.2 lbs.... Here is Lloyd's website, looks like he is set for a Spring 2012 launch....

http://www.airgunlab.com/

The conversion looks pretty simple, the only difficult bit would be routing out a deeper channel in the stock.... but I think he plans to offer that service.... Lloyd is looking for "Beta Testers" for the initial batch, with kits to be supplied at cost.... so if you are itching for a new project, you can sign up on the website.... I have!....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Interesting, but why not work on installing a larger diameter tube- put inserts around tube ends/valve/etc. to accommodate this, or use the pieces from a Marauder and maybe a Marauder tube?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I would imagine the idea is for a relatively easy conversion.... You don't even need to completely disassemble the Disco, just remove the front fill fitting and replace it with the one in the kit.... Even the gauge stays in place.... The mod to the stock is the hardest part, and that would happen with a larger tube also....

In comparing the dual tube setup to an MRod tube, the dual tube is about 250cc total with a 2000 psi fill pressure, while the MRod is 215 cc and you fill to up to 3000.... If you fit stronger screws in the Disco valve, then you can fill to a higher pressure, of course.... and by doing that, you can get MRod performance from the Disco....

The twin tube Korean rifles have a good following in the USA, and so the concept is already well accepted.... When you consider that the Disco Double will still be a couple of pounds lighter than an MRod.... I think it will make a heck of a good conversion....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

I wonder if, beings my Disco is an entry level PCP. Throwing another 150 - 200 bucks into her for the extra C02/air capacity, may not make any Cents. It would make her a bit overpriced if ever trying to unload down the road, I think?? Hardly ever use her anymore since getting the Hatsans. A real shame, as it's a such a nice rifle.

Yeah, there's some logic Arsie- 'resale value' and 'use'. You new to this airgun thing? It's all about collecting as much stuff and mods you experiment with once (maybe twice)- not an investment.

Yes, I'm being funny- but I have a problem and rarely end up selling anything out of my own 'collection' of almost random bits/pieces, so for me the idea of "return on investment" is a lost cause.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Your not really going to make me rationalize my irrational hobby against fair market value.

Sean

+ Reply to Thread