ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB-Thumbhole Disco stock

Actually, the QB stock and the Disco stock are VERY close to each other.... The trigger slot in the QB stock is about 1/4" longer and slightly narrower than the slot in the Disco stock but the hole for the stock mounting bolt is in the same place.... The groove in the top of the QB stock is a"whisker" narrower because the OD of the tube is about 0.010" smaller.... I just compared them, and to fit a Disco action in a QB stock you would have to sand out the channel for the main tube (and I mean sand, not router, you can almost force the Disco tube into place).... Then you would have to file the trigger slot a bit wider (maybe 1/16").... To fit a QB action in a Disco stock you may have to lengthen the back of the trigger slot slightly.... That's pretty much it....

OH!, you would have to cut a hole for the Disco pressure gauge in a QB stock.... that takes a 1" hole saw....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Part of the issue is that the AR stock is taller than the QB stock- so a longer bolt to hold the stock to the action is required, and the gauge will be recessed a fair bit into the hole.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Well, i may just have to have a Katana stock. Anyone have pics of the QB stock?
    Bill

here the lux

and the a ( the a is right hand onley and the fore harm is bigger)
    Last edited by poil27; Feb 05 2012 at 08:28 AM.

Yes, a longer bolt would be required.... and on the AR stock you could likely see the gauge adapter through the rear slot as well.... and it would definitely be recessed a long way.... My point was that the Disco and QB stocks are quite similar as to inletting and can be interchanged with little effort.... Lloyd has fitted one of his Disco Double kits into an AR stock, BTW....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

The AR stocks are actually very nice pieces. The competition model is a perfect copy of an older Anschutz (right around model 250) and has all the correct inletting for weights and adjustable butt plates of the period.
    Sean

Well, i may just have to go with a Kanata stock, because neither one posted above is very appealing to me.
    Bill
    P.S
    Eric, what does the grain like on thestock u have in stock ?

The grain is the typical Crosman- Benjamin grain like that found on the Trail NP's, Classic .22, Discovery. The closest match in the grain is that found on the Discovery and the 2260 stocks. That being said, there are not alot of swirls, the colour is a medium-dark brown. Crosman apparently makes these stocks in NY (they have a stock production line, but not all their stocks are done in-house).

Are the Katana stocks walnut ??
    Bill

No idea- I'm no wood expert. Crosman refers to it (like all the stocks of the same material) as "hardwood"- whatever that means.

+ Reply to Thread