Hi guys,

This is my first review of...well...anything, so I will apologize in advance for any/all short-comings, or info that I may have missed. If you are expecting an "Rsterne" type of detailed thread, you are probably going to be quite disappointed!

Let me start by saying that all the credit for machine work done on this project goes to Leonardj/Suprmatic. My only part in this was to supply base gun, new barrel, a multitude of questions, and clean/paint, re-seal, and re-assemble once I got gun back.

I had originally purchased this MK to use as a parts gun. It had been modified by the previous owner, with extra holes drilled/tapped for wire stock, scope/red dot(?), plus a few more that to this day I have no idea what they were for. Rear sights were missing, the "wings" that locate the windage screws was ground off, a bolt of sorts was threaded into the cocking knob, and a hokey looking 2-barrels-made-into-1 setup. IMO, it was FUGLY as hell! (ask Eric - he seen it the same day I picked it up)
029.jpggun stuff 014.JPG

I thought about it for awhile, and decided that rather than use it for parts, it would be a good candidate for an LD "clone" project I had been pondering. Much better to have her shooting again, rather than stripping it for parts!
After gun was dis-assembled, the extra, un-needed holes were filled with aluminum threaded rod (with a bit of epoxy resin added to threads to keep them tight), then carefully peened to fill the voids aroung threads, and finally filed flush with frame.
TD-06.jpgTD-05.jpgTD-04.jpg