ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Springers hold sensitive ?

Shot the gun 50/75 times yesterday and i am having a blast with the gun! The trigger is totally horrible, but a new trigger will be in the future as well as a new Phantom upgrade.

Getting great groups @ 25 yds with this gun even with a crappy trigger. Looks like it will be a shooter. Is there disadvantage to cleaning up the crown with the brass screw method on this gun?? Can it make it worse/better or not really affect the accuracy at all ?
    Bill

My philosophy Bill is a good crown can never be a bad thing. Everything that comes into my house gets a new crown. Including PB's

The barrels appear to be crowned with basically a counter sink. Anything more refined is going to offer some improvement.
    Sean

This thread is outstanding....I've been "white knuckling" guns forever....and it's a hard habit to break.

After a day of shooting, I still get a bruise on my right shoulder....just what I'm used to, I guess.

So, I should be gripping my rifle loosely?
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Ya a soft touch is the best place to start.

Each rifle has it's own personality though so you have to change things up and see what works for each gun.
    Sean

Hammer, u get a bruise from your air guns?!!! I get a "little" bruised from my daughters 3" 1 1/2 oz 20 ga loads but NOT from my airgun. I hate recoil!!!
    Bill

i onley had one bruse from gun and it was from a 12 ga 3 1/2" nitro on my first shot ever i was 10 at the time my dad whanted to iniciate me

I have a 7.62x54 Russian Mosin Nagant-Sniper that routinely puts a quarter sized bruise on my clavicle. I've been meaning to reshape the curve of the butt and put a recoil pad on it.

I think they put the skinny,pointy butt on it to cut down the amount of rds the troops fired
    Sean

actualy thay counted on the whinter gears to protect the clavicle of the shooters and in the time of the first war thay never used ruberised plates ... copper was the name of the game . hard on the bones but thay concider at the time the butplate was another way to inflict damage to enemy in hand to hand combat

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    I think they put the skinny,pointy butt on it to cut down the amount of rds the troops fired
    Sarcasm Sheldon
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread