ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Springers hold sensitive ?

Sean, i had to send my Disco back because it was dumping charges :( Hope to get it back soon :)

I picked up a "new to me" Benjamin Classic .22 cal on CGN.
    Any help tricking this gun out would be appreciated.
    Bill

There is a very very good aftermarket trigger available from Eric called the GTXII. I have three installed and they are single best thing going.

The smoking is normal but it can be gone in 10 shots or 100 shots. All depends on how much preservative oil is inside the tube.

Clean your barrel once before you take too many shots Then don't worry about cleaning it much after that....every few 1000's at most

Yes there are several levels of power upgrades but of course you'll be bound by firearms regs from then on
    Sean

Oh yes forgot the muzzle shroud

I have found that B18/19 platforms generally do better with some weight on the muzzle. So if you remove the shroud you might want to consider one of the psuedo muzzle brakes to put some weight on it for better group size
    Sean

Not worried about the regs, i have a pal, so >500 is not a problem. Any step by step walk throughs for muzzle velocity increases?? Lol, i am kinda simple, so pictures works best for me :)
    Keep in mind a i am a "newbie" to the high tech airgun world, so please describe what "B18/19 platforms" means?
    Bill

The short answer is just about 80 percent of the springers are all the same platform based on what was originally known as the B18/19....crazy eh

I'll send you a PM Bill
    Sean

ok, awesome Sean.
    :)

do you have a metal lathe or a friend with one Bill? One of the two best accuracy mods for any B18/19's is replace the plastic barrel pivot bearings/spacers with brass ones of the same dimensions, assemble again and shoot many times to seat these new spacers. Break the barrel but not fully, remove the barrel bolt again and loctite blue the threads and tighten the bolt while its in the half break position. Let the thread locker set overnight before using.(Do not use red or permanent loctite) Second mod is definitely the GTX trigger which is very easy to swap. You will be even more impressed with the accuracy after these two mods.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

I do have a buddy who is a machinest. I am sorry to be so ignorant(dumb) but can you show me some pictures of the parts you are referring to? I am pretty new to tearing these things down.
    Bill

The bushings are right where the barrel pivot bolt is. They are between the two forks and the barrel breech itself. A lot of people replace them with brass and it does make a difference.

IIRC they are 0.067" thick. They need to be a really snug fit to work best
    Sean

I will have to look into this mod as well. anymore guys/gals?
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread