ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Springers hold sensitive ?

Hybrid View

Springers hold sensitive ?

Afternoon all. I have heard and read that springers are hold sensitive. Can anyone tell me WHY they are hold sensitive??
    What makes them hold sentive? Why are PCP's not hold sensitive?
    Bill

Ever wonder why guys refer to guns as female? Definitely hold sensitive !
    Naaaw. its the recoil. Most powder burner guys don't immediately realize that a spring gun recoils significantly rearwards and also repeats that recoil forwards making it difficult to stay on target if not held the same way (usually lightly). Depending on many factors some springer are most hold sensitive than others, particularly light magnum springers do tend to be hold sensitive. My non_PAL HW97K is not hold sensitive, I can soot it like a rim fire and it stays on target. My Nitro Venom, is the opposite, needs a consistent light hold or it won't hit a barn door!
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

There is a very very good aftermarket trigger available from Eric called the GTXII. I have three installed and they are single best thing going.

The smoking is normal but it can be gone in 10 shots or 100 shots. All depends on how much preservative oil is inside the tube.

Clean your barrel once before you take too many shots Then don't worry about cleaning it much after that....every few 1000's at most

Yes there are several levels of power upgrades but of course you'll be bound by firearms regs from then on
    Sean

I've been meaning to get some of those "Kick Eez" butt pads and some of the material to use as a forearm pad to try out. Seems that if configured properly, these pads could assist in holding a springer- i.e. allow the padding to flex a bit and thereby allowing someone with a 'bit too tight' a grip to still make a decent shot- i.e. almost like "training wheels" for a springer (I do not like the artillery hold and am always looking for a way to make a 'regular' rifle hold more usable on a springer).

Any have any experience with "Kick Eez" and "sorbothane"? It is pretty pliable/soft stuff and apparently works exceptionally well on regular firearms...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Oh yes forgot the muzzle shroud

I have found that B18/19 platforms generally do better with some weight on the muzzle. So if you remove the shroud you might want to consider one of the psuedo muzzle brakes to put some weight on it for better group size
    Sean

My philosophy Bill is a good crown can never be a bad thing. Everything that comes into my house gets a new crown. Including PB's

The barrels appear to be crowned with basically a counter sink. Anything more refined is going to offer some improvement.
    Sean

This thread is outstanding....I've been "white knuckling" guns forever....and it's a hard habit to break.

After a day of shooting, I still get a bruise on my right shoulder....just what I'm used to, I guess.

So, I should be gripping my rifle loosely?
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Do the nitro piston guns have the same sensitivity as a springer?

yes , nitro pistons gun are sprigners too, thay just use a diferent form of springs

The short answer is just about 80 percent of the springers are all the same platform based on what was originally known as the B18/19....crazy eh

I'll send you a PM Bill
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread