ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Springers hold sensitive ?

Springers hold sensitive ?

Afternoon all. I have heard and read that springers are hold sensitive. Can anyone tell me WHY they are hold sensitive??
    What makes them hold sentive? Why are PCP's not hold sensitive?
    Bill

Ever wonder why guys refer to guns as female? Definitely hold sensitive !
    Naaaw. its the recoil. Most powder burner guys don't immediately realize that a spring gun recoils significantly rearwards and also repeats that recoil forwards making it difficult to stay on target if not held the same way (usually lightly). Depending on many factors some springer are most hold sensitive than others, particularly light magnum springers do tend to be hold sensitive. My non_PAL HW97K is not hold sensitive, I can soot it like a rim fire and it stays on target. My Nitro Venom, is the opposite, needs a consistent light hold or it won't hit a barn door!
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

I've been meaning to get some of those "Kick Eez" butt pads and some of the material to use as a forearm pad to try out. Seems that if configured properly, these pads could assist in holding a springer- i.e. allow the padding to flex a bit and thereby allowing someone with a 'bit too tight' a grip to still make a decent shot- i.e. almost like "training wheels" for a springer (I do not like the artillery hold and am always looking for a way to make a 'regular' rifle hold more usable on a springer).

Any have any experience with "Kick Eez" and "sorbothane"? It is pretty pliable/soft stuff and apparently works exceptionally well on regular firearms...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Do the nitro piston guns have the same sensitivity as a springer?

yes , nitro pistons gun are sprigners too, thay just use a diferent form of springs

I have a Remington vantage that refuses to shoot consistent unless my hold is the same. I made a raised cheek rest and it helped alot, but the hand just ahead of the trigger guard helps the most.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

proper technique like the fore hand on balance point and weight transpher on bones( elbow on hips ) all count in accuracy of airguns and spacialy sprigners

Well, i hope to have the gun by the end of the week so i will get to do some testing in the warehouse on the weekend.
    Bill

Well, i received the gun today :)
    Now some testingcan happen!!
    I would really love to find out what "tricks" i can do with this rifle, meaning trigger jobs, more power, etc...
    I shot it a few times in the garage and was happy with the groups at 10 yards. I could not help but notice how much smoke was coming from the barrel after the shot. Any idea what i can do to fix that, does it affect accuracy or performance?
    Is there replacement triggers( or mods for this trigger) for this gun? I noticed the muzzle shroud has 2 set screws in it. Is there any advantage to having it on there( i think it looks ugly), has anyone shot it without and what kind of preformance did u get compared to having it on there?
    That's all the questions for now, please chime in with any help/suggestions you may have.
    Thanks Bill

Which gun Bill? The Disco?
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread