ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discovery loosing pre charge

Discovery loosing pre charge

Hey folks, i recieved a brand new Disco for my birthday from my beautiful wife last week. I had another forum member charge the gun for me ,as my yoke/hose had not come in yet. He filled it sat night, and by the time i had got home it had lost 200 psi. I shot 6 pellets from it yesterday with a starting pressure of 1800, and at the end of the 6 it was @1000psi !!!!??? I went inside to contact SSS to ask what i could do to fix/return it. When i went back down to grab the gun ( about 2 hours latter ) it had dumped the whole charge and was sitting @ "0" !!!!??? :(
    Has anyone else encountered this issue, if so what was the solution/fix ?
    I am still waiting to hear back from SSS, but in the mean time thought i would ask for some starting points with the gun.
    Thanks Bill

can you or could you hear where the air was escaping?
    Sean

Sean, most of it happened while i was not near the gun, so i didn't get to hear it :(
    Bill

Are you going to send it back or open it up and void the warranty?

I would suggest that you might as well get it over with......but I LIKE tearing into such things.

Al

I do NOT wanna open it up. I should not have have to !!!
    Still waiting to here back from SSS.
    Bill

Just spoke to the technician, and i am sending the gun back!! My luck !!!! :(
    Bill

Well, on the recommendations on a couple people i tried a couple "tricks" and the gun "seems" to be performing like it should.......so far.
    I am hoping it holds a charge the rest of the weekend. I shot it with a starting PSI of 2000 and it took 40 shots to get to 1000 PSI. I will leave it at that and see if it maintains the charge.
    Thanks to the PM's i recieved .
    Bill

Which specific "tricks" seem to have improved things for you?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I was told to "cock" the gun before charging it. Meaning, work the bolt like you would if you were putting a pellet in, and then close it. I guess it is supposed to "seat" the gasket or "o" ring . That is all i have done so far and it "seems" to be working ( fingers crossed!!).
    I am going to charge it up to 2000 and shoot some more pellets in a few minutes.
    Bill

Well it holds a 2000 psi charge for a few hours. I shot 38 pellets to get it down to 1000 and left it there. An hour latter it has dumped most of the charge :(
    I tried this 4 times now with the same results, so back to the factory it goes!! :(
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread