i'm open to peoples that whant to sale stuf
    need to be mildot
    don't need to be illuminated

will be used for field target in hunter div

thanks

Jean

This is the one:
    http://www.airgunforum.ca/store/prod...products_id=48
    I don't have one myself, but if I had your budget this would be it. That one will make it to you for under $200.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    what is your recommandation :

i have a limited bujet up to 200$ shiping included
    i'm open to peoples that whant to sale stuf
    need to be mildot
    don't need to be illuminated

will be used for field target in hunter div

thanks

Jean
    Poil...I'm really enjoying my "CenterPoint Adventure 4-16x40 Dual Illumination Scope with A/O ".

It's really friggin' great.

IMO, you won't find a better scope for the money.
    I'm genuinely not pimpin';
    but I'm super-ultra-mega-loving this glass.

Oh yeah....I bought the scope for 119.00$

Don't spend 500$ if you don't need to.

I posted an amateur review on the board:
    http://www.canadianairguns.com/showt...Scope-with-A-O

Check it out...great glass.

HS
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

I have a Fitco scope on my 78D...(been a while, but IIRC it's 4-12x40) it's "usable" but not worth raving about. They are having another "sale" at the moment. I have Leapers/Centerpoint 6-24x50 glass on the QB79, "Disco" and both AT44's... WAY better than the Fitco. Have one Bushnell 6-24x50 that is also quite good. Everything thus far is front AO of course.

I'll admit that I keep eyeing those Fitco side focus units though....almost too cheap to not try one.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Gippeto View Post

I'll admit that I keep eyeing those Fitco side focus units though....almost too cheap to not try one.

Al
    Hey, I got a Fitco 4-24x40 AOE for my QB, mostly because it was cheap and said it would focus to 30 ft... it does OK up to about 12x but is quite fuzzy on my 10 yd targets at higher mags. IMO, they are worth $50, but they are not in the same league as Centrepoint, Leapers, Bushnell, etc. I wouldn't have been pleased at full price ($100+), but at $50 it is "disposable" if necessary.
    BTW I do have 2 of the CP 4-16x40 AOE scopes and they are quite satisfactory. I paid $70 for the last one I got.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Doesn't matter who makes it.... Trying to get more than about 16X from a 40mm objective is a waste of time.... After that, the exit pupil is smaller than where the resolution of your eye drops off (2.5mm).... Adding magnification will inevitably degrade the image....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    Doesn't matter who makes it.... Trying to get more than about 16X from a 40mm objective is a waste of time.... After that, the exit pupil is smaller than where the resolution of your eye drops off (2.5mm).... Adding magnification will inevitably degrade the image....

Bob

that makes a whole lot of sense to me...
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

ok so i should look for 50 mm optics then ? somthing like 4-16x50
    what the diference betwin the normal and ao scopes

AO scopes have adjustable parallax. In essence, when you "focus" on the target image, you've adjusted the parallax for that range...eliminating a source of aiming error. A nice side benefit is that once focused...you can use the markings on the parallax adjustment (or make your own marked tape) to range the target. Then, if you've used chairgun or similar to print off a "crib sheet", you look up the range and either apply the correct hold over/under or adjust the turrets.

"Normal" scopes will have the parallax set at (typically) 50 or 100 yards/meters...there will be a degree of error at ranges other than the set point.

Larger objective lenses collect more light, which makes higher magnification...and low light viewing ... better. May be just my opinion, but I do like the 50mm stuff I have the most....I didn't buy four of the same scope because I hated them.

The "exit pupil" or diameter of the beam of light coming out of the eyepiece, is important not only for the above reason (the resolving power of the eye peaks at ~2.5mm) but also for low light use.... The pupil of your eye changes size in different lighting conditions, from about 1.5mm in bright light to 8mm in dim light.... If the exit pupil of the 'scope is smaller than the pupil of your eye, the image will be dimmer than what your eye wants.... The exit pupil of the 'scope, at a maximum, is the objective lense diameter (in mm) divided by the magnification.... A 4 x 32 scope would have an exit pupil of 32 / 4 = 8mm.... which is why that has been the standby for deer hunting for decades.... it works well right down to dawn and dusk conditions.... You can calculate the maximum magnification for any size objective for dawn or dusk conditions by dividing the objective lense size by 8, as follows:

32mm - 4.0 X
    40mm - 5.0 X
    44mm - 5.5 X
    50mm - 6.2 X
    56mm - 7.0 X
    60mm - 7.5 X

If you do a similar chart using 2.5mm for the highest practical power before the resolution starts to degrade, you will get the following....

32mm - 13 X
    40mm - 16 X
    44mm - 18 X
    50mm - 20 X
    56mm - 22 X
    60mm - 24 X

In the brightest light, the point at which the image will start to darken because the exit pupil is less than 1.5mm is as follows....

32mm - 21 X
    40mm - 26 X
    44mm - 29 X
    50mm - 33 X
    56mm - 37 X
    60mm - 40 X

You can combine the above information to see what is practical and what isn't for a given diameter.... Let's look at a 50mm Objective.... For dim light, the 'scope should be able to go under 6.2 X.... The image will dim at over 33 X, and the resolution will start to degrade at over 20X.... This means that a 6-18 X 50 mm scope should be good for all conditions.... If you went to an 8-32 x 50 you would lose brightness in dim light, and the image quality would likely suffer over about 20 X.... I hope that helps you understand what to expect from various 'scopes....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

+ Reply to Thread