Just a quick report.... The Disco valve does leak out the back around the stem when fired, so I replaced it with another which does have the O-ring.... I also have some blow-by past the O-ring that seals the bolt, I'm going to have to chase that down.... As I figured, the small hole in the gauge block is starving the valve for air and the velocities are down quite a bit compared to the Carbine I did.... I don't think the lack of velocity is due to the enlarged exhaust ports in the valve in the Carbine because I got 498 fps with a stock diameter (0.140") transfer port.... In any case, here are the preliminary results, with two different hammer springs and on CO2.... 77.8 gr. EunJin pellets....

Stock Disco valve and ports, stock gauge block (1/8" hole)

Pressure .... Disco Spr.... 0.040" Spr.

2000 psi ...... 290 fps ...... 355 fps
1500 psi ...... 350 fps ...... 390 fps
1000 psi ...... 350 fps ...... 380 fps
800 psi ....... 340 fps ...... 340 fps

CO2 (70*F) ... 315 fps ...... N/T

The next step will be to drill out the through hole in the gauge block to at least 1/4" so that the average pressure at the inlet of the valve during the shot cycle will be higher.... With the tiny 1/8" hole (which is stock for a Disco) I'm effectively trying to get 40+ FPE of output from only about 5cc of HPA.... and as you can see, it's just not working.... I know the potential is there because I saw over 70 FPE from the Carbine during testing.... Now to pull it apart yet again....

Bob

PS - This gun will be tuned both ways, under 500 and whatever I can get....