ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

Thread: Bwa-ha-ha-ha

Threaded View

Bwa-ha-ha-ha

I'm curious as to how the "new" 13-22 will stack up against this 2nd variant. I know all isn't as it should be, especially with that rifle scope aboard... and the SBK steel breech is a bit out of place, too.

This medalist was bought with a tattered box, and ripped plastic breech a couple of years ago, at a gunshow. It held, and fired, albeit weakly. I wasn't able to find a replacement valve stem for it, so the valve is now 1/2 and 1/2 - with the original brass front, and current 13-XX aluminum rear. It was the only way I could get the gun to function properly. The gun is powerful now, with a flat top piston.

It's no slouch off the bench, with the 14.3 gr. Daisy hollow point. Musta looked comical, with my knees up to my chin, and elbows over my ears- but that's what works with me and a pistol with a rifle scope...

The 18.1 gr. JBS Exact Heavy almost makes it through both sides of that tough pinto bean can, but not quite.

I still have to holsterize this thing, and maybe get some iron sights for it that I can actually see... I did leave tonight's little session with a nice feeling of well being. I like that old cobbled together medalist a lot. I'll be getting one of the new ones- just to compare against this, and a 1st variant that I have...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; Jan 19 2012 at 02:59 AM.
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.